Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery.. now no gauges???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Battery.. now no gauges???

Well i decided to take my 01 TA out of storgae.. bin sittin for 5 months.. gona take it to my cabin tomorrow.. but.. the cars battery was completely dead.. maybe the alarm or LED killed it i don't no.. but first i tried bump starting it.. didn't work.. i was thinkin maybe cuz the alarm was on.. so i hooked my truck battery up to it just to take the alarm off.. then i bump started again.. still nothin.. soo next i found a neighbor with jumper cables (my car was at granys house) then jumped it.. didn't want to idle.. and it blew some smoke and stinks.. thats proboly cuz i got no cats tho.. but once it was running my tach, speedo and radio don't work??? fuel battery and temp. all work tho.. sam with my lights.. wut would cause this? i tried shutting it off and starting it lotsa times! but nothin.. plz help need to take it on a road trip tomorrow.. thanx for any help
Old 08-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Dead Battery.. now no gauges???

Sounds like the PCM needs a fresh start; might have got glitched with the push start. Try unhooking the battery for 20 minutes, then reconnect and try again. The idle will be messed up for a while because anytime the battery goes to zero, the PCM does an idle relearn. Hopefully when you were jumpstarting you didn't get the jumpers on backwards and damage the PCM.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

k i'll try the disconnecting the battery.. and sh*t u no wut.. i did put the jumpers on back wards.. for a mintue or so.. stupid me.. but the person gave me a shity pair.. no color codes.. but i drove it home.. would it run if the PCM is garbage? how would i be able to tell if i hurt the PCM or not? thanx very much for the quike reply
Old 08-30-2003, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

I would check the fuses and see if any off them popped.