PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Requesting a Tune file for specific setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requesting a Tune file for specific setup

I have a pontiac Trans Am, and am having trouble with the tuning. Would it be possible for anyone to send me a tuning file for my car? I will be using the EFI Live tuning software.

The car has the modifications....

LQ9 6.0 Cast Iron with LQ9 heads
stock ls1 intake
stock exhaust manifold
Flowmaster 40 series muffler 2.5" piping to the rear

cam = 244/244 .612/.612 116 lobe
918 comp cam valve springs, and upgraded push rods
stage 3 4l60e tranny with shift kit
Vigilante 3600 multidisk Stall with lockup
stock rear end with 3.42 gear

I would greatly appreciate the help with this, as I cant get this thing to act right and dont have the money to go spend another 500 bucks for someone else to tune. Thank You ahead of time
Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

EFI Live has a repository of tunes. There's actually a link in the stickies above. Maybe you'll find one in there. If not, start w/ a stock tune (that can be found in the repository) & go from there. BTW, if you can, get an LS6 intake, in order to help get the benefits out of that cam. Cleaning up ridges & port matching that stock exhaust manifold will further help that cam move some air. Good-luck
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-450
EFI Live has a repository of tunes. There's actually a link in the stickies above. Maybe you'll find one in there. If not, start w/ a stock tune (that can be found in the repository) & go from there. BTW, if you can, get an LS6 intake, in order to help get the benefits out of that cam. Cleaning up ridges & port matching that stock exhaust manifold will further help that cam move some air. Good-luck
I was looking through the tunes that were uploaded but none seem to have a similar setup like mine.. Am i overlooking something that you may have noticed?

I agree ls6 intake and headers i know would definitely benefit me. Honestly i should have done that first before this size cam....but of course i never do what i should those items will come eventually though.. I understand this cam is being held back do to lack of mods however, I am hoping to get this tuned to run good for now.... Thanks for the input....

Anyone out there have similar setups that could help out with a tune?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3mta3U
I was looking through the tunes that were uploaded but none seem to have a similar setup like mine.. Am i overlooking something that you may have noticed?
No you're not overlooking anthing. Ya just have to go w/ something relatively close or a stock tune & change as needed by using a wide band 02 sensor & tuning software.