Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced ecu questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advanced ecu questions?

Ok, I know this isn't entirely LS1 related but I am going to use an LS1 ecu/harness/sensors.

I'm currently building a quadcam Lexus 4.0L v8 that will be using Suzuki Hayabusa throttle bodies. The cool thing is, the throttle bodies already have injector bosses cast into them. Problem with that is idle quality will suffer quite a bit with the injector 12+" from the intake valve.

Normally injectors are operated off a 12vdc common hot and the ECU switches between 12v+ and ground to fire the injector. If I put a set of 24lb injectors in the bosses at the head flange can I use a transistor/thyristor to switch my 12vdc common hot from the injectors at the flange to the ones in the intake? Will this cause some crazy breakup? Has anyone ever tried this before?

I could put both injectors in parallel and just switch the wire that's 12v always hot to select which injector banks I will be using? I realize that its definatly possible as long as the injector impedance is close enough the drivers don't freak out. I also realize I might run into a nightmare trying to keep track of the fuel tables as it switches.

Really just curious for info from people that know these ecu's pretty well.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

questions like this belong more on efi101.com 's forum, these guys hack up all kinds of strange combos together.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Not sure why you need 2 sets of injectors on the engine... You can get any size you need that are pretty easy to get to idle with.

The only problem i see is you trying to get it to go into sequential fueling mode with the wrong cam and crank reluctor.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
questions like this belong more on efi101.com 's forum, these guys hack up all kinds of strange combos together.
Cool, glad to know that no one here really knows squat other than how to change some numbers on a table.

Originally Posted by wait4me
Not sure why you need 2 sets of injectors on the engine... You can get any size you need that are pretty easy to get to idle with.

The only problem i see is you trying to get it to go into sequential fueling mode with the wrong cam and crank reluctor.
I was planning on using the LS1 cam and crank reluctors. The reason for 2 sets of injectors was to be able to have it idle at a decent speed and be able to get good high speed atomization.

I'll just build my own injector controller.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Building a driver sounds like the best path unless cost isn't a concern. As mentioned, you go BIG if you need to with a driver and a manifold referenced fuel system. You can run some fatty 160s (1680cc) if you need with this arrangement.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew04GTO
Cool, glad to know that no one here really knows squat other than how to change some numbers on a table.
Way to come on here and win friends!!

I'll just build my own injector controller.
Then WTF are you even asking for?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First off, you're asking questions on how to make a oem ecu work where you really should be using a standalone system on a board where the main topic of discussion is using the oem ecu with an oem system?

Then you want to make snide remarks about it, insulting every single person on this forum, because somebody suggested checking out a board where the focus is actually more of what you are looking for?

I would suggest building your own Megasquirt, but since you can build your own "injector driver" a Megasquirt would probably be overkill.

Good luck with that.....
Old 08-28-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

So Dan, tell me how using a megasquirt is any different than the OEM ecu with HPTuners? Both are fully tuneable, yet the OEM system employs a way to drive a coil per plug whereas the megasquirt doesn't.

Sorry if you were insulted by that comment, prove me wrong though.

Either way I'm done with this forum, I tried to learn a few things here and I feel like I just got dumber.

If a moderator reads this please delete my account
Old 08-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So Dan, tell me how using a megasquirt is any different than the OEM ecu with HPTuners? Both are fully tuneable, yet the OEM system employs a way to drive a coil per plug whereas the megasquirt doesn't.

Sorry if you were insulted by that comment, prove me wrong though.

Either way I'm done with this forum, I tried to learn a few things here and I feel like I just got dumber.

If a moderator reads this please delete my account
Alright dickface. How do you figure anyone will give you any kind of info with your smart *** attitude? I know theres at least a couple of us on here that could not only tell you how to make it work, but also build the controller.
With an attitude like that, the last thing I'm going to do is "prove you wrong."
Go pound salt. I hope they do delete your account.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

this thread is done ... too many posts were removed that I can't see for me to make judgement on infractions/timeouts .. so I'm just going to lock it

one of the posts called someone "dickface" (sorry.. if you can't handle arguments maturely I have no sympathy for you) ... while the post referred to didn't resort to name calling ... if I were to ask for infractions or time outs it'd be against the person that can't argue maturely and has to resort to childish name callilng