Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning VE question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning VE question

I've disconnected MAF, turned off LTFT, reset fuel trims and wanted to do logging via STFTs.

The problem is that I think one of my O2s is shitting the bed. At first, it's fine, then eventually it nearly flatlines, and my STFT maxes out on that bank. I'm basically just asking if the o2s are taken into consideration for STFTs or not while in SD mode. I'm assuming they are, which makes sense looking at my log.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes they are used in CLSD. If you must use STFT to dial in VE and not a more accurate WB its always good to know you have solid data coming out. If you are sure one sensor is talking bullshit.. Use the other one.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by macca_779
yes they are used in CLSD. If you must use STFT to dial in VE and not a more accurate WB its always good to know you have solid data coming out. If you are sure one sensor is talking bullshit.. Use the other one.
How exactly would I disable the "occassionally" faulty sensor from making an impact on the STFTs? Isn't it a merged average in the histograms?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:47 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can change your histogram from the average of the two sensors to whatever you want. I'd try to stop logging the faulty one in your config and see what happens to your histogram, then go from there.

or..........

Get a new O2 sensor and change it out.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

From what I see the histogram doesn't work with the o2s at all, it works with the STFT which the PCM uses data from the o2s to create, not HPTuners.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by melchoir
From what I see the histogram doesn't work with the o2s at all, it works with the STFT which the PCM uses data from the o2s to create, not HPTuners.
You need to look at the bigger picture. Since the STFTs are the result of what is measured at the O2s, they are telling you to ignore the resulting trim from the bad O2.

Just replace the O2 if it's on it's way out though, it's like a 3 minute job.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by melchoir
I've disconnected MAF, turned off LTFT, reset fuel trims and wanted to do logging via STFTs.

The problem is that I think one of my O2s is shitting the bed. At first, it's fine, then eventually it nearly flatlines, and my STFT maxes out on that bank. I'm basically just asking if the o2s are taken into consideration for STFTs or not while in SD mode. I'm assuming they are, which makes sense looking at my log.
Simply put the definition of Speed Density or SD is when one employs the the Manifold Air Pressure sensor for airflow measurement exclusively.

Fuel Trims, short or long are a completely different component of the beauty of internal combustion.

In short, yes they are taken into consideration.