Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, somthing must be wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help, somthing must be wrong.

Hey guys. I noticed recently that Im not able to chirp or shred my tires any more...I figured it was the combo of better tires, and the hot weather, and my 60k+ stock clutch. I actually didnt notice any loss of power persay, but simply wasnt hearing /feeling my tires lose grip like they did when I first got my headers.....and even before the headers I could chirp....Now I cant....

I also ran against a local cts-v from 45-70 and he was right next to me, and his car just has intake and exhaust, and he had 2 extra people in his car.

Something has to be wrong with my car, Im not throwing codes, could I be firing on only 7 cylinders and not noticing? Any help would be appreciated. Where should I start? Could the high mile clutch be the issue? Thanks alot!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exhaust leak?

Tunes don't change, good, bad or whatever.

Vehicles with alot of torque and aftermarket exhaust setups that are not up to the punishment of exercise- (read you doing what Al Gore shreiks about) can leak and that extra airflow will be rewarded by your pcm via fuel trims with an extra drunken shot of fuel that will make you car appear to be ready to be "pulled over to walk a straight line."
Old 09-06-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the input, these headers were such %$%& to install, Im sure they are tightened all the way....I cant find a tool that gets in there, do most of you guys weld your exhaust all the way to the collector on the header?