Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edit and rev limter? shift light problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edit and rev limter? shift light problems

Well I have a problem. I have a shift light and all of the connections are right and they are connected very well so that’s not an issue. The problem I have is that I have my rev limiter set for 6800 and the shift light set for 6500. The light doesn’t come on in 1st or 2nd but works just fine in 3rd and 4th. When I set the light to 6000 it works just fine in all gears. I double checked my edit file and reloaded it. I have the rev limiter set in the rev limit by gear. Should I change it somewhere else? The shift light worked last year but I have added 4.10 gears since then and now in 1st and 2nd the motor revs so quick it’s like the light can’t keep up. I talked to the manufacture and they said that the light reads in real time so they are not sure what the problem could be. All I know is that I need to get it fixed because I hit the rev limiter hard in 1st and 2nd and going to the track sucks. Oh I almost forgot, I autotaped it and the rpm's jumped in 400 to 800 increments and the last it read was 6200 and 6300 before hitting the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd. Please help.