Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Efi Live Beginer

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Efi Live Beginer

Okay, I've been playing with my new efi live in demo mode for a little bit and seems easy enough to change everything I need to adjust. But how do I download my cars current tune into my computer so I can start hacking it up. I can't find anything that says download tune or anything simple like that. Also, how do I upload the updated tune back into the car. I lost my cd with the intructions on it (hopefully I'll find it soon) so I'm kinda lost on the basics.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Welcome to your new obsession.

EFILIVe includes a very nice step-by-step PDF tutorial. But here is a quick run down. It's called Flash located on the upper left part of the menu options. First you need to click on "Read PCM Calibrations" which will read the existing tune. Select the correct controller in the pop up prompt (99+ Gen III), click check status button and wait for the green check, then click Start. Make sure to save it as your stock tune. Then save a copy and rename it something else (i.e. First tune 092208). When you're finished, click on the Flash option again and this time click on "Program PCM Calibrations" and the same pop up prompt will appear and you need to select the correct controller and click start again. Once again read the tutorial; it's easy to read and follow.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks a lot. I wish the manuel was that straight forward. Hopefully that gets the ball rolling. Nice cars by the way, can't go wrong with a 10 second TA and the TB SS dressed in black.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Okay, it worked perfect I was able to erase all my DTC's that I had from removing cats and EGR. It really was a snap to download and upload the tunes. Do you know how to remove the torque management system by any chance? Looking to completely disable anything trying to slow my car down.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can do all of this with only the DEMO version?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by question
You can do all of this with only the DEMO version?
No you need the real thing to tune it. But before you register all the software you are stuck in demo mode and they have some tunes you can play around with.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Look at transmission calibration-> torque reduction. There are tables for upshift and downshift. If you zero them out you remove it completely. But you might want to do percentage reductions before going all the way to zero.

Make sure you save several copies of your original tune on different pc's or cds, flash drives, etc... Also when I make a modification, I always save to a new file so I can take a step back at any time. And since I may go days or weeks without working on it, I create new folders by date to save new tunes in. So I can always go back if I don't like where I have ended up.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

The links in my sig will take you to some good EFILive tuning info