Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 edit question non technicial

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 edit question non technicial

my car got tuned with ls1 edit. is there a way i can put ls1 edit on my computer and get the cables and use the same liscense or change anything (mainly gears) i like the tune i just want to be able to change something if i ever need to. or is the computer (in car) locked to the computer that did the tuning to the car? thanks

- Scottie
Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, You have to purchase LS1 Edit from carputing..They will supply the cable and software needed..
Old 09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can put ls1 edit on any computer you like. When you tune your vin number is stored in the cable harness itself and verifys the licence in the box. For you to tune you would need a new cable/program unless you have access to the harness that tuned it originally. Before you order cables and all you need to check up with whoever tuned your car and see if they locked the tune on you meaning you wont be able to change that tune.. If intrested i have ls1 edit and auto tap--(scanner) that im looking to sell-- i currently have hptuners...
Old 09-25-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with EFILive or HPTuners. You can use either to tune your car. I used to have Edit years ago and now have EFILive. Better support and better software IMO.

Bill