PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift kit and diablo tuner?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift kit and diablo tuner?

hey guys if you have a shift kit on a rebuilt 4l60e (about 7,000 miles ago on the a4), would the predator programer mess up the trans. cause of the option to change the line pressure? i've read somewhere that a guy told someone he owns a trans shop and those programers make him alot of $ cause they mess up trannys. i dont want to mess mine up cause it cost me 1400 to rebuild it. also, I dont want to mess with the line pressure what so ever or the trans options. i noticed that there are three pre-installed programs in the tuner(performance,87 for trucks, and factory). i want to use the pre-installed programs and know that the factory transmission settings WONT change. what is the difference between the Performance Tune and the Factory Tune? do either of them adjust the trans settings? ALL input is appreciated thanks guys.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Our performance tunes add a small amount of line pressure, and you have the option of increasing or decreasing the line pressure by up to 25% at part throttle and WOT.

If you are really concerned about it, and you do buy a Predator, let me know and I'll write you a custom tune with all of the line pressures set to stock values.

Thanks
Mike
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

hey mike, whats the $ for the custom tune? could you make one where the line pressure stays stock and full bolt on mods(minus the water pump)? what kind of gains am i looking at?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1ne
hey mike, whats the $ for the custom tune? could you make one where the line pressure stays stock and full bolt on mods(minus the water pump)? what kind of gains am i looking at?
No charge...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

wow, hey what is the difference in the performance and factory programs? im still debating about getting one or not
Old 10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

15-20 hp/tq is the usual average gain...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

I got one couple months ago, I like it a lot. What big difference going from my hypertech. Way more tuning capabilities.

Matt

Search this Thread