Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where can i find a MAP pigtail?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i find a MAP pigtail?

depined my MAP today to find out the plus wasnt even holding the pins in. i was able to pull 2 of the plugs directly out of the plug. im not sure if the pins are bad or if the plugs are bad. im wanting to just buy a whole new pigtail and just soder them in. please let me know where i can find the pigtail besides at a junkyard where ls1s dont exist.

here are some pics....
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

best bet is the dealer they only like 10 bucks
Old 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/index.php/cPath/109_183
Old 10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adam`
depined my MAP today to find out the plus wasnt even holding the pins in. i was able to pull 2 of the plugs directly out of the plug. im not sure if the pins are bad or if the plugs are bad. im wanting to just buy a whole new pigtail and just soder them in. please let me know where i can find the pigtail besides at a junkyard where ls1s dont exist.

here are some pics....

If you look at the terminals closely, there are "tangs" that lock it into the connector. They are fragile and after removal you just need to take something tiny and pry them back out and then they will lock again when you re-insert them into the connector.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

the above poster is correct, if you need just the inner terminals, I have some, along with the the packard 150 series crimpers. If that will help, send me a pm, I live less than 20 minutes away from you.

Based on that pic, it looks like somebody has been in that harness before, and put the top seal on incorrectly. (the one in your hand looks good)

Ryan
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/919 is the pigtail for the OEM MAP.

Originally Posted by slow
the above poster is correct, if you need just the inner terminals, I have some, along with the the packard 150 series crimpers. If that will help, send me a pm, I live less than 20 minutes away from you.

Based on that pic, it looks like somebody has been in that harness before, and put the top seal on incorrectly. (the one in your hand looks good)

Ryan

adam, let Ryan help you out, I'm sure he can get you fixed up.

If you do much with this stuff, these dies are incredible: http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/654 Their crimp area is the same as OEM tooling. The copper crimp is to spec and tapers at the wire exit and the seal crimp is made perfectly every time at the same time. They really spoil you.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow

Ryan
ryan i think you live like right around the corner. im off of lake picket by waterford lakes.

thanks for all the help guys. now its time to find a place to mount my computer in the bay. i want to depin all the plugs im not using but i dont want to get into it with a service manual.

Last edited by adam`; 10-09-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like the problem is, somebody soldered it up
excessively and the keeper tang is maybe non-
functional. Maybe you can clean it up a little and
get the tang free & bent out properly.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm right around the corner, and I'll give you a call tonight, and swing by.

Ryan
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

big thanks to Ryan (slow). not only did he hook me up with a pigtail, he gave me the dl on how to depin and repin the harness. those "tangs" when removed will not allow you repin unless you pry them back out.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

so im wanting to soder the new pigtail on but i want to make sure the wires are correct. the wires from the pigtail are different from the wires coming from the pcm.

here is what im dealing with.