PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning question efilive

Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default tuning question efilive

i have two different ecms in two different cars. both have a gmls3 crate engine with 4l65e auto. the car i am talking about has a e38 ecm with a custom fast harness. we had a guy tune the ecm and it runs very very rich and backfiring out the exhaust. our tuner has fallen of the face of the earth. the tune in the e38 was based on a 2008 silverado truck 6.0 tune and highly modified. i have compared his tune vs a stock tune. it isnt right. anyways, i have another car with a gm performance harness for the ls3 and gm perf ecm and tcm. the gm perf ecm is an e67. is there a way to take my gm perf tune and put it into the e38 ecm even though they have different operating systems? reading my efilive manual says the consumer version wont do it? i can download both tunes if needed. let me know my options. both cars are the same setup ls3, 4l65e, but different computers and harnesses. we just purchased the efilive v2 setup.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have played with that sort of thing before and had all kinds of wierd results
like the transmission may not like it. the shift solinoids used differnt pins they were all
soliniod pins but started out in 3rd. ran lean 17.5:1 at moderate throttle, matrix options were screwed up battery light on. this was on a 12200411 pcm not can bus. proceede with caution. most of it can be fixed but modding the right os is much easier.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look for a stock tune that matches the trans and operating system and go from there... Its can get messy trying to change operating systems on the newer pcms...

Search this Thread