Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Trick Flow Heads and Cam packages Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trick Flow Heads and Cam packages Any Good?

Whats up all? I plan on doing a heads cam swap sometime in the next two years when I save up all the cash. Now for my question I know some guys use AFR heads, Patriot heads and all different cams, but what about the new Trick Flow heads. They claim huge horsepower numbers with the heads cam package. Any comments on this or is anyone running one their packages?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They are nice pieces, the heads at least, the cams numbers are not that impressive. One thing to keep in mind, their claim numbers are not rear wheel, they are crank rated, so when you see the 515 hp figure in 15-20% drive train loss. 400 Hp not so good for over 3k bucks. Dont get me wrong the Heads are super nice and worth the money if you have the cash. I would get a cam from someone else though. I am partial to Texas Speed and Performance. I just bought a set of their 5.3 stage 2.5 heads. I am doing a h/c swap on mine and gathering all the parts. will be sending my fast 92 out for porting tomorrow.
Look around, If you just want the trick flow heads, talk to Texas Speed or Vengeance racing they are a site sponsor and can hook you up with a custom cam to get big power.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trickflow is the best head out right now but if its gonna take you 2 years to save the money there might be a better head out by then. I wouldnt get the head and cam package from them though. If you need it sooner let me know i have done quite a few trickflow heads cam cars.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is currently being added to our main page. This combo has become VERY popular over the past few months...

Vengeance Racing Heads/Cam Combo- 2999.99

At Vengeance Racing we understand the need for a QUALITY heads/cam package at an affordable price. We have put together a complete combination that is not only extremely powerful AND reliable it is also budget friendly. What you get: TrickFlow As Cast 220cc Cylinder Heads milled to your spec/Your choice of our VRX series camshaft/Hardened pushrods/Yella Terra Ultra Lite Roller Rockers/ARP Head Bolts/All required gaskets&seals for a complete install. Give us a call to discuss your specific combination!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Wow thanks for the useful info guys. I guess since I have some time before I do the swap I will just keep reading and see what the next best thing is at that time.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Good setup, but the cam leaves alot to be desired...

Quick Reply: Trick Flow Heads and Cam packages Any Good?