Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Yeah Dood's Trans AM vs deer. Anyone else have some crazy adventures... dood?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans AM vs deer. Anyone else have some crazy adventures in their car... dood?

Just curious if anyone has had any acts of awesomeness while in their Trans Am. I had one last year that was pretty bonkers...

It was last year around December, I was driving to work around 2:30am and a freakin' deer jumps right out in front of me. It was so sudden that i couldn't avoid hitting it but I was quick enough to move to the right and avoid a direct hit and I ended up sideswiping it. Lucky for me my car was left with no damage but I think that deer may be brain dead or something because I hit its face something fierce.

It's pretty amazing how quickly you can think under pressure like that though. It felt like everything went into slow motion the second I saw the deer. I had enough time to actually flip the switch on my lights (so that they'd go back into my car) to avoid them being damaged, turn my cars cd/mp3 player off (I don't know why I did that), move & brake in enough time to actually see the deers' face recoil and body twist when I swiped it, and seeing it go over my car (since I have a sunroof). I got out my car to see if it was damaged and saw the deer slowly getting up and walking all weird back to the forest (it was dazed I guess) making some weird "WHAAAAARGARBLE" noise. I was pretty mad at first and yelled at the deer something like,

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THE ROAD? DEERS DON'T GO ON ROADS, CARS DO!!! YOU'RE NOT A CAR! YOU'RE A DEER! IS ANY OF THIS GETTING THROUGH TO YOU?"

Tough little fella I guess. But yeah, no scratches of dents for me.

That was one hell of a night. So anyone else have any stories they'd like to share... dood?

Last edited by Yeah Dood 120%; 01-17-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

Super hypersonic mode? How fast were you going? If you were able to get the lights down, why couldn't you have avoided it? or was it just a super narrow road?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Teching In

I have one for ya. I waz drivin home one nite, and a guy ran a red light.
I saw it coming and I waz goin to put on my brakes but I figured if I did he would hit my driver door and I could get injured. So I slammed on the gas and pulled myself closer to the steering wheel. He hit just past the driver door, and I did a 180 and also came less than 2 ft of hitting a cop car.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Teching In

this happened a few weeks ago, its a ****** miracle. I was leaving my university with a friend and going down the long drive way there at about 50mph, and all the sudden the deer was just infront of us. I tried to hit the brakes but I still nailed him hard, he went flipping twice over the road divider and was dead.

I was flipping the **** out thinking I had just lost my whole front end, but aside from some hair and the front right headlight getting pushed back about a centimeter there wasn't a scratch!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

About a year ago I was driving home from my local track at about midnight. I was doing about 55 or 60 when I saw a possum waddling accross the road. I barely tapped the brakes and hoped for the best. I actually lifted my *** off the seat...like that's gonna help! LOL I nailed it with the front bumper and heard it bouncing around under the car. Got home and it had bent my front license plate. No other damage.The bad one was a couple of years ago when I was driving to work. I was in the center lane with cars on both sides of me. Just as I was coming over an overpass, I see a DRIVESHAFT in the middle of the road...long-wise. I couldn't swerve so I hit the brakes and tried to hit it so it would go straight under the center of the car. Unfortunately my car is VERY low in the front. It nailed my K-member, scraped my oil pan and then lodged itself in the center of my Y-pipe and pulled it off the headers. I went open header instantly! That was some scary ****. I was just waiting to pop up in the air if it dug into the highway!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 4WOFURY
Super hypersonic mode? How fast were you going? If you were able to get the lights down, why couldn't you have avoided it? or was it just a super narrow road?
Correct-o-mundo! That back road [Hoke Loop] is pretty narrow. On top of that, it has a small forest on one side and a ditch & field on the other side. I was only doing around 50mph but I'm guessing I was down to at least 25-30mph when I swiped the deer.
Originally Posted by Sixil
this happened a few weeks ago, its a ****** miracle. I was leaving my university with a friend and going down the long drive way there at about 50mph, and all the sudden the deer was just infront of us. I tried to hit the brakes but I still nailed him hard, he went flipping twice over the road divider and was dead.

I was flipping the **** out thinking I had just lost my whole front end, but aside from some hair and the front right headlight getting pushed back about a centimeter there wasn't a scratch!
I guess that makes the score:
Trams Ams= 2
Deers= 0
Originally Posted by TEX WS6
I have one for ya. I waz drivin home one nite, and a guy ran a red light.
I saw it coming and I waz goin to put on my brakes but I figured if I did he would hit my driver door and I could get injured. So I slammed on the gas and pulled myself closer to the steering wheel. He hit just past the driver door, and I did a 180 and also came less than 2 ft of hitting a cop car.
Holy crap, in front of a cop too. I hope that other guy got his come uppings... dood.

Quick Reply: Yeah Dood's Trans AM vs deer. Anyone else have some crazy adventures... dood?