Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

If could do ti all over again....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If could do ti all over again....

Well, a good friend of mine has run into some misfortune. He is interested in possibly getting a Ws6. I have searched around on autotrader and found quite a few really nice, low miles cars.

However, what I want to get at is that if could do it all over again, or plan the simplest way to make 650rwhp+, no headaches, no fuse, just a good, clean car that is fast.... how would you do it?

I asked him what was his preference.... boost, N/A, or Nitrous.... he basically said it doesn't matter though its gotta run with me (C6 Z06!) However, he doesn't want a 255/262 .700lift soild roller either... i would!

I figured a few builds will get him there... tell me, if you wish, what you think and what, if any, you would do differently. Car would need to be trapping 137mph+ Not a drag racer persay... just needs that kind of mph to hang!

So, with that in mind, here is what I came up with..

1. (Nitrous) Prepped 427ci, 11:7cr,Ported LS7 heads/manifold/TB, Lethal Z cam, full bolt-on's, Harris 90mm plate @ 150-200shot, Monster Stg 5 clutch, etc. On motor, this should be easily 560-580rwhp+, on nitrous 700rwhp+ est.

2. (N/A) 600ci+ BBC!!! Pump gas, 800-900crank hp!! Only way to make the power on motor. 700rwhp+

3. (Boost) Forged 408ci, 9.1cr, Ported LS7 heads/Manifold/TB, "Blower Cam", Procharger D1SC. Should be anywhere above 700-800rwhp on pump gas.

Of course, all of the necessary fuel, tuning, suspension, drivertrain mods will be added as well.

Anyways, so what do ya'll think? Any changes? How would you do it?

A.