Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

98 firebird engine question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 firebird engine question

Hey guys im new to the forum here so i hope im in the right section.. i have a 98 Firebird with the ls1 and i wanna get an ls1 from a 98 Corvette.. Can you guys tell if that motor will fit my car or not.. And also tell what i would need to do to get it to fit and perform in my car.. Like modifications or anything like that.. Are there other parts i would need to get???

Yalls help would b greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Albert
Houston, TX.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by steelheart100
Hey guys im new to the forum here so i hope im in the right section.. i have a 98 Firebird with the ls1 and i wanna get an ls1 from a 98 Corvette.. Can you guys tell if that motor will fit my car or not.. And also tell what i would need to do to get it to fit and perform in my car.. Like modifications or anything like that.. Are there other parts i would need to get???

Yalls help would b greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Albert
Houston, TX.
why would you do that they are the exact same motor

even if you got the LS6 from the Zo6 its practicaly the same block as the LS1 the only difference between the LS6 block and the LS1 block is the way the cooling lines are run..... and the only real difference between the LS6 motor and the LS1 motor is the heads they are 243 casting as opposed to the 241 casting in the LS1....

if i were you id get the 243 casting heads for about $850 for the pair and the LS6 intake for about $400, and have tons of extra power, or you can also get the Zo6 cam and have a LS6 that you can say you built your self

but the LS1 in the Vette and the LS1 in your car are identical no joke!!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Default 98 firebird engine question

The only reason i asked is bcause we recently had some flooding here in houston and water got in the engine and the motor i got was from a corvette and i wanted to know if it would fit in my firebird because i was also told that the engine would not perform right because of the PCM.. Is that true???
Old 05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Launching!

its not true, the engine is exactly the same it will perform just fine with your factory tune... some one missinformed you

sorry o hear about the flooding

honestly i thought you were a kid asking a dumb question on here lol

let me know if you got any more questions

Quick Reply: 98 firebird engine question