Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together
Old 05-10-2016, 02:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

1995 Firebird mods help plz!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1995 Firebird mods help plz!?!

Hello, im a new memeber cuz i just baught a 95 firebird and im in love with it! i had a 95 mustang and jus sold my 03 grand am gt and i am trying now to customize my new firebird...but i need some help if anyone out there can some links,peice of mind,to-do's,anything ! lol

1st - id like to switch out the wing i hate the low stock wing and i hear it holds water on the trunk too..is this possible? i want one thats raised up like the trans am spoiler..can i switch spoilers or do i have to buy a trans am hatch and if so do they fit a fire bird? or will i have a hell of a time trying to make it fit?

2 - i want a body kit but only see lip kits availbe for a 95 firebird..is that the only thing i am stuck with or is there a way past the lip kit and put some kind of body kit on my car?

...thats it for now i will post pics of my car soon and am creating a cardomain also link will be posted soon..i like to say thank you for helping if you can im trying to do everything my self and some times its kinda hard... D'
Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

1.) The low wing does hold water in the concave area. Its been nicknamed a "bird bath". I have the low wing on my car. The water doesn't get into the car, unless you open the hatch too quickly. The hatch opening is designed with water channels on the sides to catch that water and expel it through openings under the taillights. So open the hatch slowly so as not to overwhelm those channels and dump water inside your car. If you want the T/A wing, you need the entire T/A hatch.

2.) There are a few choices for body kits. The only difference between a 1993-1997 kit and a 1998-2002 kit is the front piece. The sides and rear will be the same. Do some searching and you'll find some options and pics. Body kits on these cars don't look all that great, but some people have pulled it off. Take a look around. Also,total body kits like the import crowd are rare. Almost all that is available is just ground effects that add onto the lower part of the body.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thankx! im looking around right now..but here lies prolly a stupid question..if i find a 94-97 ta hatch ..will it fit on my firebird or will there be alot of work to make it fit? has anyone done this before? is it impossible? thkx
Old 09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

As far as I know, its a direct swap. There are people on here that have done it. You should be able to find a thread on it. I think the hatch may be the same from 1993 - 2002.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hatches are the same from 93-02.
You want the trans am hatch? You need to swap out the entire hatch lid. All are a direct fit. Only difference is a 93-97 lid has different rear defroster wiring than a 98-02. So if you intermingle, you may need to do some wire splicing. But since you've got a '95, you should be fine unless you get a 98-02 hatch. That is, if your car is even equipped with the defroster, or you even care. lol.

Quick Reply: 1995 Firebird mods help plz!?!