Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

melted wiring on header, looks like wheel sensor

Old 10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default melted wiring on header, looks like wheel sensor

Still learning about my car daily, checking things out when I can and have time. Was checking oil today and wiping down some old residue off motor to look for leak culprit and noticed a small wire loomed wire on the passenger side stuck to the header tubes. Obviously when I pulled it loose, it had been melted into the loom sleeving and safe to say is not carrying much signal for whatever it was.

tracing it back the wires are green and tan and look like they go down the spindle, so has to be wheel sensor..

Here is the weird thing...I HAVE no codes. It passed inspection no problem, and this cant be just happened by the looks of it all.

If that sensor is not getting a reading what would the symptoms be? I ask because every once ina while I hit brakes and will get a pull to right. I just put all new rotors, pads, greased sliders, etc on it last week, so dont think sticking caliper. Plus it doesnt do it all the time, only intermittent.

I know the wheel sensors work with speed sensors for abs and traction control, so figured if one is not right could cause vibration or pull or something..but could be wrong.
what I would like to know is how this is not setting fault codes or even a pending code

Guessing no one makes that strip of the harness seperately so will have to find a car being parted out?

Search this Thread