Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Fog Light Wiring Formula to Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Fog Light Wiring Formula to Trans Am

Im going to be converting my formula to a Trans Am front end. I know when i researched this awhile back there was a site that did a write up on where the existing wiring is in the harness for the fog light hook ups. I have the wiring from the car i got the parts off of i just dont know how far i have to track up the harness to find the wiring for the fogs. I also have a trans am dash cover with the fog light switch so it will be a direct swap like it would have from the factory.

Can anyone help me out to the site that did the write up???

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The formula didn't have fog lights? I had a V-6 before, the same front end...at least it looks like it. It had fog lights and the bulbs, harness look the same....only the foglight housing looked bigger in the T/A. I might be mistaken, but I would think that the socket would plug right in....have you tried that? Just un screw the socket from the rear of the foglamp, bring out the T/A fog lamp and see if it will fit. You should be able to try this w/o unmounting anything if you have patience trying to reach it. If not, and you do need the other socket, I would think it would just be a wire splice and you could be done.

Seriously, the Formula didn't have fogs?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95mysticta
Im going to be converting my formula to a Trans Am front end. I know when i researched this awhile back there was a site that did a write up on where the existing wiring is in the harness for the fog light hook ups. I have the wiring from the car i got the parts off of i just dont know how far i have to track up the harness to find the wiring for the fogs. I also have a trans am dash cover with the fog light switch so it will be a direct swap like it would have from the factory.

Can anyone help me out to the site that did the write up???

Thanks!
Lucky for you, I'm OCD.. and like saving things. Even luckier for you, I saved that page just before Geocities shut down, since it was on their site. Here's my backup of it:
www.blindeyed.com/car/saved/foglights.html

Just follow the guide.. that's what I did to wire mine up. Works perfect!
Originally Posted by muteki
Seriously, the Formula didn't have fogs?
He has a 94 Formula.. they never came with fog lights, only ones that did were the Firehawks.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see. I stand corrected. Thank you for enlightening me.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

This in an old thread at that but im running out of things to do and have some time to go back and look at this issue. Well i figured out after putting on the trans am new front end that there was all the factory wiring already in place so i plugged them in. I went out and bought myself a trans am dash cluster suround with the fog light switch and wiring. Plugged it in and the actual light on the switch is lit up but the lights will only turn on when the headlights are popped up. Do i have to splice some wires together to have be able to turn them on with or without the headlights being popped up? My buddy did had the same issues when he converted his over and will only turn on when when up.

Anyone else run into this or have a solution as the link above is wiring up your own lights vs having the harness and everything all there?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

nobody?

Quick Reply: Fog Light Wiring Formula to Trans Am