Originally Posted by gbpxl
1. Curb weight of a 2000 WS6?
2. Why does it briefly smell like something burning after I go about 120+?
3. Why does my clutch pedal and shifter vibrate after I do about 85+?
4. What is the sound coming from the bottom of my car when I turn at slow speeds? It's hard to describe. "Whirring?" It sounds like it's a major component of the suspension
5. Why am I getting brake failure from pressing the brakes hard? My brake pads are relatively new, but the brake lines are rusty. Is this the problem?
Pretty vague questions. What mods are done to the car?
1.) Like you posted earlier, 3400-3600lbs.
2.) Go into better detail with the smell, is it like rubber? Exhaust? Oil?
3.) Never heard of a clutch pedal "vibrating", but my guess would possibly be bad engine mounts or trans mount.
4.)As mentioned already, probably the rear end, or could be your power steering.
5.) What you are getting sounds like brake fade
. Check/change your brake fluid, and then add good
pads (like Hawk HPS for example) and some decent blank rotors (brembos, or even duralast which I've had good luck with) should fix this (and get you dramatically better stopping power as well).