Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

98 Trans Am good buy or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 98 Trans Am good buy or not?

2day I went 2 a used car lot in houston tx & I test drove this 98 trans am........the highz:automatic transmission the outside of the car was in excellent condition It was recently painted 3 weeks ago no dents in the body it runs & drives great engine doesn't smoke or knock all 4 tires have 80% of tread on them the lowz:It has those silver 16inch wheels it doesnt have a ram air hood the interior not in good shape(seats not torn),dash pad cracked up,both windows don't go down passenger side headlight motor needz 2 be replaced tint coming off windows a/c works but needs freon,needs sepertine belt(it squeals but after car warmz up squealing stopz) low coolant light on 107k miles on the clock they want $5500 for it I'm thinking like $3800 what do y'all think is a decent price for this car

Last edited by teamfbody; 08-31-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Needs a lot of work and obviously neglected. I would say your price is much more reasonable. They are looking for a sucker.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For an LS1 car, I doubt your going to get them into the $3k region. Without seeing it, it is tough to say, but $4,500 sounds good to me. From how you describe it, seems as though it could be a good car to mod heavily and take her down the track. By the time you have $10k total into the car, you'll have a really nice lookin race car. Anyway, I definitely wouldn't give them what they want for it and the new paint is suspect to me. Probably a good old Maaco job. That kind of mileage isn't too bad for the year, if it were close to me I'd consider it. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: 98 Trans Am good buy or not?