Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

2000 nhra edition formula

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 nhra edition formula

Looking to sell my 2000 NHRA edition formula. I know trading it in or selling it a dealer i would lose the "appreciation value" anybody have any ideas on where I could go to get best value?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Post it up on the classifieds and sell it yourself. That's the best way to maximize your profit. Any time you sell it to a dealer or trade it, you're going to get less, as they want to make a profit off of it too.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
Post it up on the classifieds and sell it yourself. That's the best way to maximize your profit. Any time you sell it to a dealer or trade it, you're going to get less, as they want to make a profit off of it too.
Exactly. Also try ebay (prepare for many 'tire kickers') and www.autotrader.com where I just listed a nice car for a neighbor there for $30. You get 2 months, a lengthy description and 9 pictures. Price your car accurately for a certain sale. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Price your car accurately for a certain sale.
This. NHRA isn't going to add anything to the value for almost everyone that looks at it, so make sure not to price it like it does. Find out what the dealer is going to give you so you have a starting point (probably list it for $1-2k more than what they offer, but that really depends on the dealer), make sure to give out good details about it, and try not to hide things. Chances are whoever is looking is going to see it, and if they do it's going to make you look shady.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gocartone
This. NHRA isn't going to add anything to the value for almost everyone that looks at it, so make sure not to price it like it does.
True. Honestly if I were to buy it, first thing I'd do is take the NHRA badges off. Not alot of people are going to be looking for that package, or even care that it has it.

Although maybe you'll luck out and find some ignorant person that thinks because it says NHRA on it that is has more power and is faster.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:44 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
That's a fine idea, but keep in mind you'll need at least 50 worthwhile posts and/or six months membership on this site before you'll be allowed to post in the classifieds. Since you joined in March 2011 & this is your first post, you're gonna have to wait a bit before trying to sell it here.

Scott
Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
That's a fine idea, but keep in mind you'll need at least 50 worthwhile posts and/or six months membership on this site before you'll be allowed to post in the classifieds. Since you joined in March 2011 & this is your first post, you're gonna have to wait a bit before trying to sell it here.

Scott
I meant any classifieds, not just here. Craigslist, Autotrader, local sites, things like that.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found my NHRA because the dealer made a big deal in the ad that it was an NHRA which caught my attention... There are people out there looking for them. May just take some time.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Melly
I found my NHRA because the dealer made a big deal in the ad that it was an NHRA which caught my attention... There are people out there looking for them. May just take some time.
I tend to agree with you. There are those of us that like drag racing & firebirds enough to seek out an NHRA Edition. I liked the idea so much that I made my own version with the actual emblems that I found on ebay.

Quick Reply: 2000 nhra edition formula