Found a rare car for a steal...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a rare car for a steal...

Found this browsing craigslist...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tid/2324069828.html

Pretty good deal if it's real. If my research is right, its 1 of 535, so I'd say that's pretty rare. If I had the money I'd be all over it
Old 04-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Launching!

I'm sure they would love if you were all over it.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tid/2328051287.html
Old 04-16-2011, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...327124497.html
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Old 04-16-2011, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Very good! Nothing like a scam on CL. So common.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i'll sell you my firehawk for $7500. it's real, it's rare and i have the birth certificate and rpo code to prove it's a firehawk
Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah man, I have been lured in myself a few times. Its really disappointing when you find out its a scam.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:43 AM
9 Second Club

Sometimes you just have to reply to the ad because you just never know! haha That's how I bought my Harley F150. It was $8,000 cheaper than anything I've ever seen. Low miles, supercharged. I'm like yeah, scam, but eh, tried anyway. Nope! Was a real kid a few towns over who was hard up for cash, and I even offered him $1000 less and he took it.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Melly
Sometimes you just have to reply to the ad because you just never know! haha That's how I bought my Harley F150. It was $8,000 cheaper than anything I've ever seen. Low miles, supercharged. I'm like yeah, scam, but eh, tried anyway. Nope! Was a real kid a few towns over who was hard up for cash, and I even offered him $1000 less and he took it.
Yea, you may have received a good deal, ..., But too many times over, people have been scammed by CL & other sites.
So it's ALWAYS buyer beware.

Many times you can see these scams rigth away by price or the contact info. Or lack of contact info.
Hit the spam button & report'em, ...
Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I see an ad that's just too good to be true. A simple google search of the title usually helps me determine if it's a scam or not. Just like the one posted above.
AwsmGy linked it to me, and I just so happened to have seen the San Antonio listing just minutes before. Then a google search brought up all the results I put in my post. haha.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
If I see an ad that's just too good to be true. A simple google search of the title usually helps me determine if it's a scam or not. Just like the one posted above.
AwsmGy linked it to me, and I just so happened to have seen the San Antonio listing just minutes before. Then a google search brought up all the results I put in my post. haha.
Yeah and usually if they have no working number too. I always sayif it ain't in person don't do it!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Shoot well now I feel dumb, usually I'm laughing about the scams I see on CL. They've gotten a little better with the prices lately, where it seems like a great deal, but not too great; like at the point where someone could just not really know what a car is truly worth. Sorry for the waste of time guys
Old 04-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Banned

lol, i saw this same exact car listed for sell in Hawaii. Knew it was a scam right away, Scams usually have no phone number. Though when i first saw the ws6 i bought about 2 months ago on CL i almost thought it was a scam as well. 6k for 32k miles, Great condition ws6
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://delaware.craigslist.org/tid/2327122987.html

Was looking for a hood and it popped up in my area too! LMAO
Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just had to reply. This is what I wrote..

Hi,

Do you except Western Union? I am out of the country and would like to pay you via Western Union if you can deliver the car to my house. I will send you the money, and you bring the car to my house in your state where my wife will accept the car and sign the paper work. Can we do this soon before the car gets sold to someone else?

Best Regards.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I was searching for a LT1 TA, I found one on AutoTrader that was low mileage, perfect condition, for a steal of a price. I emailed the guy asking for an address so I could have it inspected (ad said it was in IL). He responds and says it is now in Canada. He said he had a new job that provided him with a car and he just wanted to sell the TA quickly since he had already moved. I asked him for a copy of the title, he takes a picture of the title laying in the passenger seat. I asked again for and address to have it inspected. He replies that if I sent half the money to a holding company, he would have the car shipped to me. When I received the car if I didn't like it, refuse shipment and I would get my money back. Otherwise, the holding company would let me have the car once I paid the rest of the money. He said the holding company was Yahoo Finance. I knew Yahoo Finance is just a financial website, it's not an actual finance company. I did a search and found out that yahoo finance was used by a popular scam. I reported the ad to AutoTrader with details of what was happening. Next day his ad was pulled.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good lord... This is what I got back..

--

Hello and sorry for delay,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS, manual, 2500 miles, clean title. First of all I want to let you know that the car is available, it's in perfect working condition, has been properly maintained, never been abused or involved in an accident. I have decided to sell it for $4800 and the buyer will receive it with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it so if you buy it you don't have to worry about the paperwork.Also you will have 5 days to inspect and test after you receive it. If you decide to buy it you will have 5 days to inspect and test the car after you receive it.

It was my father's but unfortunately he can't enjoy it anymore as he died. I moved back where I was born in Provo,UT and now it will be shipped from here. Please get back to me for more photos and only if you want to buy it.

Thank you,
Shannon Heiser
Old 04-20-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sempire
Good lord... This is what I got back..

--

Hello and sorry for delay,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS, manual, 2500 miles, clean title. First of all I want to let you know that the car is available, it's in perfect working condition, has been properly maintained, never been abused or involved in an accident. I have decided to sell it for $4800 and the buyer will receive it with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it so if you buy it you don't have to worry about the paperwork.Also you will have 5 days to inspect and test after you receive it. If you decide to buy it you will have 5 days to inspect and test the car after you receive it.

It was my father's but unfortunately he can't enjoy it anymore as he died. I moved back where I was born in Provo,UT and now it will be shipped from here. Please get back to me for more photos and only if you want to buy it.

Thank you,
Shannon Heiser
Here is my new reply..

Hi,

I like the car. Sorry to hear about your dad. I really need this car for work and need to buy it ASAP so that it can be shipped right away. Please tell me how I can buy this car soon as possible. If I send you money Western Union can you process the car soon? Please send me all of your information so that I can complete the transaction. I will send you an extra $1000 to Get this done for me ASAP. I am waiting for your payment information.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like he's running so many scams he can't keep them straight.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Good stuff! Just amazing. The sad thing is, unfortunately, that some people actually fall for this. The elderly especially, but also naive teens have been victims as well. You would think these scumbags would just disappear, but they keep hooking fish.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

one of my local friends has the same exact car as the OP's post but it has a TT cast iron ls2 in it. Makes a tad under 900rwhp.

Quick Reply: Found a rare car for a steal...