Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

99 TA: Window motor or other?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 TA: Window motor or other?

Hey guys, I have a 99 TA with a driver side window problem. I just bought the car and while driving home, I lowered the window to pay a toll and when it went up it didn't go up all the way and I had to pull it up.

Now my window goes up and down but it doesn't seem to go all the way up; I can hear some wind noise and the passenger window looks to be up higher. It sometimes jumps down when I am rolling the window down like it's off the track. Also, the tint has gotten all scratched up. I am wondering if a bad motor could cause this or do I need to check the track? So far I have gotten the inner door linear off but can't seem to find what is causing the problem.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 05-28-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like the window motor may have already been replaced, but when it was the window may not have been held in proper position letting it slip a little bit. If you had to pull the window up manually...I'd say that the window motor is taking a dump on ya. That happened to me a few years ago right before I up'd the voltage going to the motors in each door.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

most likely the motor. it is running out of juice to get the window back to the top.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Attached pic.

Looks like the regulator is a 1/2" lower than it should be. The rivets holes in the door for the regulator is a slot that rivets are moving on. Since this is sheet molded compound door is this repairable?
Attached Thumbnails 99 TA: Window motor or other?-2011-06-17_22-46-53_915.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 TA: Window motor or other?