Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

I got my new car

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my new car

I just picked up my new formula WS6 and it is freaking awesome!!! It is red with a 6 speed and it only has 36000 miles on it. Im hoping I can learn a lot from this site. One more little thing...what do you guys think its worth? Ill be trying to post pics soon but im not sure how so it might take a while.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Welcome, and congrats on the new car. Sounds like a great car to start with. Im fairly new to this site as well and ive found out a tremendous amount of information. I would say a WS6 with that many miles is well worth 12k plus
Old 07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah its gonna be worth a good bit. first of all formula ws6's are WAY more rare than trans am ws6's. i personally like the way the trans am's look but its a very good find. especially like that's it a red 6-speed. nice choice. i'd say around the 15-17k range depending on how good the body looks. post some pics man and congrats
Old 07-15-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would say 14k depending on condition, but with that few miles I doubt it's got alot of wear and tear. Sounds like a good buy my man, the RA hood looks so much better than sleakbird. If I'm not mistaken, that option for it makes it WS9 being a Formula, not WS6 like the TA... Again if I'm not mistaken, been awhile since I've read up about about them

This site has a plethera of information, anything you need to know you should be able to find here, or somebody will atleast be able to guide you in the right direction. Good people here also.

Last edited by JrodCamaro; 07-15-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Somedays english is like a 2nd language to me :eyes:
Old 07-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Ya its really nice with no dents or scratches and hardly any rockchips on the front end and I am the third owner. Everything came with it like the pontiac vhs and booklet, the cd holder, and the original window sticker. Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JrodCamaro
I would say 14k depending on condition, but with that few miles I doubt it's got alot of wear and tear. Sounds like a good buy my man, the RA hood looks so much better than sleakbird. If I'm not mistaken, that option for it makes it WS9 being a Formula, not WS6 like the TA... Again if I'm not mistaken, been awhile since I've read up about about them

This site has a plethera of information, anything you need to know you should be able to find here, or somebody will atleast be able to guide you in the right direction. Good people here also.
yeah..theres a lot of different models out there and sometimes its hard to keep track of everything lol. but yeah you could order a ws6 package on the formula but a lot of people haven't heard of it. his will have the ws9 and the ws6 codes but not the y82 (?) for the t/a. they just weren't nearly as common as the t/a ws6's
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ws6outlaw
yeah..theres a lot of different models out there and sometimes its hard to keep track of everything lol. but yeah you could order a ws6 package on the formula but a lot of people haven't heard of it. his will have the ws9 and the ws6 codes but not the y82 (?) for the t/a. they just weren't nearly as common as the t/a ws6's
I stand corrected, I've heard it mentioned but never seen it or anything so assumed it was meant WS9. There really are a ton of different models, a little ridiculous but I like having options
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

firebird
firebird formula
firebird formula ws6
firebird trans am
firebird trans am ws6
firehawk(only from certain dealers i believe, but i could be wrong on this one)
jeez...
Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ws6outlaw
firebird
firebird formula
firebird formula ws6
firebird trans am
firebird trans am ws6
firehawk(only from certain dealers i believe, but i could be wrong on this one)
jeez...
So no firebird formula ws9... period? It's just an RPO code?
That could explain why I confused myself on it. Just for the sake of making it more difficult we throw in special editions and anniv years

Ceta
NHRA
35th - 30th and so on. (Disappointed they didn't go til a 35th Anniv TA )
Smokey and the Bandit

Feel free to add if I'm missing any, I don't study up much on special editions. Just when I run across them
Old 07-16-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase! Worth? Whatever you paid for it is what it is worth