Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

power steering driving me crazy

Old 09-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering driving me crazy

hey guys, im having major issues with me firebirds power steering pump. since i bought the car the pump was always making noise, so i finally decided to buy a rebuilt pump. i put it in and i could not get it to bleed properly i couldnt get the air out and then i noticed it was pissing out of the weep hole in the back of the pump, so i figured i would return it for another thinking it was just a bad rebuild. So i put another one in and it bled fine, but the next morning i started the car up and no power steering at all, yep it leaked out of the same spot. But as mad as i already was i decided to try a rebuilt one more time. But i also noticed the fuild was a pink color and so was the coolant, i bypassed the power steering cooler with a trans cooler thinking this would solve the problem some. I was wrong, the fluid cleared up but once again it was pissin out of the weep hole in the back of the pump! What is going on?! Am i doing something wrong? I dont know what else to do, can it really be 3 bad pumps? Oh and by the way my car is a 2000 ws6

Search this Thread