Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Brake booster hose

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake booster hose

I swapped out the intake on my car this weekend with a BBK. Everything when smooth but somehow the Vac line came off the back of the intake(one that runs to the brake booster) I spent about two hours trying to get that damn thing back on. it is so close to the Oil Pressure sending unit that I cant get it up on it 100% still off about 1/8th of a inch and the hose clamp is missing.

Any advice other than pulling the intake again?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly man, I forgot to put the clamp back on my brake booster line and it's been on for months and has never moved, I would try to push it on as far as possible and just put the clamp on the next time the manifolds off, you really don't want to break the oil pressure sending unit if you don't have to
Old 04-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Teching In

This is true after we got the BBK on and looked back there I dont know how we didn't break it off installing it. The barb and intake makes a U shape around it.. I figure thats when it came off..

I took a lot pf pics and later that night I found this one. The hose was clearly on the with the clamp but after it was all buttoned up the hose was off and clamp gone

The barb is not the same on the BBK and I assume it just slipped off..
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Teching In

OK so messing with it last night the hose is too thick to pass between the Oil Pressure Sending unit and the barb this is why it wont go on all the way. I was thinking of trying to pick up some thinner walled hose and see if I can get it to pass.

What is the inside diameter of the stock hose?

Quick Reply: Brake booster hose