Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

This a good deal on a 00 T/A with 34K??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This a good deal on a 00 T/A with 34K??

My dad had a 98 T/A vert but it was totaled 3 years ago. Well, he's getting to itch and wants another one. This time keeping it as a weekend toy.

http://www.monzacarusa.com/detail-20...d-8577313.html

To me it seems pretty decent, but what’s real strange is KBB is saying it’s worth 17K and Edmunds is saying 10K..

I told him to offer them 12K and see what they say.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Steven

Last edited by BlownGP; 05-12-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a nice looking and clean car. If there are no issues with it, then the 15K tag is a good deal in my opinion. I would very thoroughly check the engine & drivetrain. Get them to put it up on a lift for you to check the underside for leaks ect. Make sure there are no hack jobs on some of the engine parts like a half assed EGR/AIR removal or TB bypass. I would also suggest taking it for an extended drive at varying speeds including WOT. Not just the cruise around the block that dealers like to give.

Good luck with it!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:06 AM
12 Second Club

What decadence said as far as extended test drive most reputible dealerships will let a serious buyer have a car for a day. Also check nada for price also.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a ******* sex color. It's a rare color also. Only offered in 2000-2002. One member on here has a MRM Vert and it's like 1 of 7 MRM Verts made in 2002. I'd pull the trigger on it.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

$12,000 is too low for this low mileage car. Edmunds is silly low on F-bodies and out of touch. I don't even use them as a guide at all. KBB and NADA are helpful tools in price research although not flawless as they take no consideration into the number of owners or several other important matters.
This T/A vert looks very clean and the Carfax looks excellent! No winter issues while owned in Hawaii is a huge PLUS! Lots of maintenance history and low miles equals a nice win here. The asking price is $15,000 and I'm sure $14,000 will put your dad in the driver's seat. This appears to be a good deal and I would be interested in it if I was looking for another T/A vert. The car is worth every penny of $15,000 so getting it for less is a no-brainer. GO FOR IT!!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Looks great, if you can get it for $12K that would be quite the buy IMO.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

love the color
Old 05-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Decadence75
It is a nice looking and clean car. If there are no issues with it, then the 15K tag is a good deal in my opinion. I would very thoroughly check the engine & drivetrain. Get them to put it up on a lift for you to check the underside for leaks ect. Make sure there are no hack jobs on some of the engine parts like a half assed EGR/AIR removal or TB bypass. I would also suggest taking it for an extended drive at varying speeds including WOT. Not just the cruise around the block that dealers like to give.

Good luck with it!
Thank you very much. Thats some very good info and some things I never thought about when looking at a used car.

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
It's a ******* sex color. It's a rare color also. Only offered in 2000-2002. One member on here has a MRM Vert and it's like 1 of 7 MRM Verts made in 2002. I'd pull the trigger on it.
I was wondering about that. Now that I think I don’t think I've seen very many T/As in that color.My dads 98 was a NBM which he liked a lot but he loves this color..

Originally Posted by NC01TA
$12,000 is too low for this low mileage car. Edmunds is silly low on F-bodies and out of touch. I don't even use them as a guide at all. KBB and NADA are helpful tools in price research although not flawless as they take no consideration into the number of owners or several other important matters.
This T/A vert looks very clean and the Carfax looks excellent! No winter issues while owned in Hawaii is a huge PLUS! Lots of maintenance history and low miles equals a nice win here. The asking price is $15,000 and I'm sure $14,000 will put your dad in the driver's seat. This appears to be a good deal and I would be interested in it if I was looking for another T/A vert. The car is worth every penny of $15,000 so getting it for less is a no-brainer. GO FOR IT!!
Good info, NADA says 13K. So I guess getting for 14K or less would be a deal. According to one website it’s been sitting on their lot a long time.
Im pretty most people in California don’t even know what a Pontiac is let alone a Trans Am. hahahaah

Quick Reply: This a good deal on a 00 T/A with 34K??