Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Pypes EVT-20 or EVT-29 tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pypes EVT-20 or EVT-29 tips

I finally installed the magnaflow muffler on my wife's 2002 T/A WS6. The passenger side tailpipe had to be tweaked just a little but fits. I cut off the original single tips and want to install the oval tips from Pypes.

Problem is, I'm not sure how to do this. Although the tailpipes don't come out as far as the bumper right now, the driver's side pipe seems it will be nicely centered in the cutout. The passenger side however is a little off.

I measured the tailpipes and the od is about 2.57" so I can either buy the EVT-29 which has an id of 2.5" or buy the EVT-28 which has an id of 3".

I guess the smaller one would fit best although it may need some persuasion but the 3" would give me more room to center the tip in the bumper cutout. But that's almost a half inch too big and I'm not sure there's a good way of clamping them on.

Should I get the smaller one and try to force the tailpipe with a pry bar so it's centered? Or is there a clamp that I can use to make the bigger tip fit?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm not an expert but I think you could use clamps to make the larger one fit. I wouldn't want to try to squeeze the tips into smaller tips.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm leaning toward the larger ones as well, maybe I can get a piece of 2.75" tube and put them between tail pipe and tip.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Pypes EVT-20 or EVT-29 tips