Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

SLP Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Swap

So i have been on the prowl for about a week now and can not seem to find a write up :c

I want to take my stock air intake and throw the SLP on there. Is there anything special i need to do? some kits come with a goofy looking metal duct, the hell is that and where does it go, it almost looks as if it goes to the Ram Air hood. im at a lost, can just the SLP lid be good enough or do i need to spend the whole 300 bucks on the kit and kaboodle?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Lid is a direct fit replacement for stock. You should heat up the snout to squeeze the MAF in easier.. Lid replaces stock lid and air baffles, goes directly onto maf, i didnt use the extra clamps as the are ugly and redundant...

No writeups because they are easy, and i think your asking about the slp ram air, which you cut a hole in your lower air box, and it goes between your radiator and your front clip.. Also very self explanatory if you look at it

Txt me for pics of my setup for reference. 8 oh 6 3 1 six eleven 2 6
Old 10-16-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baalic
Lid is a direct fit replacement for stock. You should heat up the snout to squeeze the MAF in easier.. Lid replaces stock lid and air baffles, goes directly onto maf, i didnt use the extra clamps as the are ugly and redundant...

No writeups because they are easy, and i think your asking about the slp ram air, which you cut a hole in your lower air box, and it goes between your radiator and your front clip.. Also very self explanatory if you look at it

Txt me for pics of my setup for reference. 8 oh 6 3 1 six eleven 2 6
I figured as much, I just always think of the worst and plan for the worst. Ill shoot you a few pics tomorrow when I of. out of my classes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://installuniversity.com/ls1/ins...d/air-lid.html
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice! awesome, thanks mate, this is very helpful, Love the pictures <3

Quick Reply: SLP Swap