Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

95 formula Lt1 coolant fans manual switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 formula Lt1 coolant fans manual switch

Hello all, my coolant fans on my formula just quit coming on recently. Both of the fan motors are good and that's about as far as I have got due to a lack of free time around all the holiday madness. So here's the deal, I'm trying to find the most simple way of wiring a manual coolant fan switch in without fully bypassing or screwing with the factory setup. This is just a temporary fix so I can get to work and back without overheating issues, and I want to do the most simple/ safe manual switch setup until I have time to properly fix whatever has crapped out. I don't really know much about how the electrical system in a car works but was hoping someone would have some insight on maybe how to wire up the switch to use the existing relays and fuses if possible. Once again it is a 95 formula with a bone stock lt1 and all stock electrical configuration as best I can tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you checked relays, fuses, temp sensor in the water pump? All those are a lot less time consuming then wiring in a manual switch and will probably fix the fan problem.

Fan switch diagam

http://shbox.com/1/fan_sw_diagram1.jpg

Quick Reply: 95 formula Lt1 coolant fans manual switch