Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Magnaflow tailpipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow tailpipes

I have an 00 WS6 that I installed a like new Magnaflow catback system on that has the 3.5 inch single tailpipes. I would like to go with dual tips and was wondering where I could get some 90 degree stainless mandrel bent pipes? Has anyone one else been through this?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I cut mine where the pipes expand at the tips, slipped on some 2.5" pipes, and into my 2.5" inlet 4" outlet Corsa clones. Took all of 20min in my driveway, tacked on, then let a muffler shop do the full welds with some extra hangers

Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3" 90 Degree Mandrel Bent Stainless in stock; PM me for pricing. Thanks! Mike
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VinR1
I cut mine where the pipes expand at the tips, slipped on some 2.5" pipes, and into my 2.5" inlet 4" outlet Corsa clones. Took all of 20min in my driveway, tacked on, then let a muffler shop do the full welds with some extra hangers
What is the inside diameter of the pipe where the tip slides in? Did you use aluminum or stainless? By the way nice car and thanks for your service

(As nice as those pics are, they're huge. No need to quote pics guys. -PB)

Last edited by Paul Bell; 01-17-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used aluminized

The Magnaflow pipes are 2.5" OD. My local O'Reillys sells 18" long 2.5" OD pipes with one expanded end for $12. My Corsa tips are 2.5" ID. The pipes slipped right over the Magnaflow outlets, I think i had to cut around 3" off each one to get the tips to tuck properly
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Do you have any pics of the hangers after you did pipes and tips? Here is what my look like now. They need one definetly where the one on my current single tips are or they will bounce around like chrome straight tips on a 78 pickup!
Attached Thumbnails Magnaflow tailpipes-muffler-hanger-1.jpg   Magnaflow tailpipes-muffler-hanger-2.jpg   Magnaflow tailpipes-muffler-hanger-3.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hmartin
I have an 00 WS6 that I installed a like new Magnaflow catback system on that has the 3.5 inch single tailpipes. I would like to go with dual tips and was wondering where I could get some 90 degree stainless mandrel bent pipes? Has anyone one else been through this?
The size of the pipe coming from the muffler most likely is 2.5" into a 3.5" tip, I have a Magna flow cat back with the 4" quad tips, the pipe is 2.5" going in to them. I'm pretty sure That is the only size exit pipe Magna flow offers for our cars. With that being said short extension with some good eBay or muffler shop tips will be the way to go like explained above
Old 01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hmartin
Do you have any pics of the hangers after you did pipes and tips? Here is what my look like now. They need one definetly where the one on my current single tips are or they will bounce around like chrome straight tips on a 78 pickup!
Mine is the earlier system that didnt have the additional hangers so my muffler shop welded some universal ones on. Since you have those, Id just use some universal 'L' brackets and hook them into the rubber hangers and welded to the pipes...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VinR1
Mine is the earlier system that didnt have the additional hangers so my muffler shop welded some universal ones on. Since you have those, Id just use some universal 'L' brackets and hook them into the rubber hangers and welded to the pipes...
Thanks for the heads up, this will be a lot easier on the pocketbook than I thought plus definite coolness factor!

Quick Reply: Magnaflow tailpipes