Need AC unit....everything

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need AC unit....everything

Hello Everyone!

Brand new member and this is my first post so go easy on me

I recently bought a 2000 Firebird from a guy who owns a tuning shop; I got the car for an amazing price and am really happy with it thus far.

Here's the issue: the guy was going to street race the car and did a number of things to boost performance (RAM air hood, SLP Intake, Headers, etc) including removing the entire AC Unit to bring the weight down.

I have no intention of racing the car and would really like to have AC for the summer. The guy told me "You can go on LS1tech and get an AC unit/setup for next to nothing because guys take them off all the time"

I wasn't born yesterday and know nothing is free but I'm looking for advise on where I would be best served to get the parts (again, I need EVERYTHING) or if someone actually has these for sale on the forum....

I did a rudimentary search and didn't see anything similar so I appreciate any assistance or advise.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

James
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Well since you bought the car already there is no point in suggesting otherwise, but this may be an expensive proposition. Not only finding a unit but installing it and making sure it works. I recently ran across this thread and maybe it will shed some light on pricing and maybe it will even hook you up with a seller. Here it is: https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...i-sell-ac.html
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Well since you bought the car already there is no point in suggesting otherwise, but this may be an expensive proposition. Not only finding a unit but installing it and making sure it works. I recently ran across this thread and maybe it will shed some light on pricing and maybe it will even hook you up with a seller. Here it is: https://ls1tech.com/forums/what-wort...i-sell-ac.html
Thanks for the reply! I did price it out and it looks like around 1500 installed (for everything) so that's not too awful.

I will check that thread, thank you for posting it.

Any other thoughts are appreciated

James
Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Anyone else have thoughts on where I can get one?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

I may be able to help you out. Everything worked but I cracked one line during cam install. Pm me if interested and I'll dig it out and check it over

Quick Reply: Need AC unit....everything