Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Side Mirror Black Housing Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mirror Black Housing Replacement

I have a 98 T/A and a few nights ago someone decided to steal the passenger mirror to my car (just the glass mirror itself). I found another in a junkyard nearby and pulled the black housing out with the mirror (like in a LED mod tutorial I saw on here). I pulled the black housing in mine out and tried to put in the one with the mirror in but that light blue part in the center just won't clip in. I'm having to press so hard I'm afraid of breaking the mirror, and I can see from the empty housing that there are holes at that part which makes me think that the dealer has to pres these into the clip with a screwdriver and then glue the mirror on the black housing.

Do I have to pull off the mirror and reglue it or has anyone clipped it in with enough pressure with the glass still on?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If you pulled the entire insides of the mirror at the junkyard, you should be able to just swap it all over into your mirror.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went back and finally was able to do it. It takes a lot of pressure and the first time I was worried about breaking the mirror while doing it. I would rather not have to pay $70 at the dealer for another lol
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
I went back and finally was able to do it. It takes a lot of pressure and the first time I was worried about breaking the mirror while doing it. I would rather not have to pay $70 at the dealer for another lol
Good! I hear ya on the replacement costs....

Quick Reply: Side Mirror Black Housing Replacement