Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Project ws6

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project ws6

Trans am owners,
Ive had this 2000 trans am with 94k for about a year and a half now and it was my afganistan war trophey. T-56 6-speed....with rebuilt tranny and new clutch... I bought it off a police officer who was an iraq veteran. Now after just putting 2000 miles on her, its time to work!!! Everything is in place. But I have just a few questions. Have pacesetter headers with y pipe going into a loudmouth...ummm 1 idk which one I have to be sure. Its very loud and the loudmouth 2 is supposed to be more quiet. But I have a muffler!! My 94 i just sold had the same with different tips and no muffler. Both systems were on these cars before I got them. Was the 94 rigged or my current one? If it didnt come with one in the kit do you have to add your own pipe? My first mods will be a functional vfn ram air hood. Then remove my lowering kit...I hate it!!! terrible for RI roads. So just got brand new bilstein shocks all around. One input would useful however, Im going to get a bbk manifold because I have plans for a 100 shot this summer. What should I run for a throttle? I perfer a bbk one to keep it the same but the size? What would be overkill. Cam and heads are next summer ill be running this setup for a little while. Thanks for all help!!!!....enjoy trans am season P.S. can someone measure their ws6 emblem placement for me? I have a very nice custom one from emblem pros that my gf got me but would like the pinpoint location. Thanks again!!

Project ws6-back-before.jpg

Project ws6-front-before.jpg

Project ws6-side-2.jpg

Project ws6-side-before.jpg

Last edited by TransAmFever90; 03-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Not sure exactly what you're asking and need some more details on your exhaust. The door panel crack is an inherent issue. Keep the panel and read up on this and that in the forum. Before you know it, you'll be an expert.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The door panel cracks are really common on LS1 cars (GM switched plastic providers at some point in 98 or 99). Even low mileage/meticulously maintained cars have them sometimes.

As for the exhaust, post up pictures and people will be able to tell what is going on better.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Teching In

shes garaged right now. but when I start her this weekend I will take some iphone pics...but to clarify more..the slp loudmouth exhaust system is loud. This we know my question was does it come with a muffler from the company? If not is a pipe included to bypass the muffler? Or do you have to get your own pipe? my recently sold 94 had no muffler. Same exhaust but different tips. This ws6 (clone) has a muffler! but its loud as **** still! I love the sound but i didnt realize I had a muffler until i changed the oil for the first time lol
Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Teching In

on side note...Headers raise the noise volume big time i am I right? My 2000 has pacesetters where as my 94 has stock. I dont understand why the tones from the 94 and this 2000 were way different. Was it the engine, the headers vs manifolds, or the muffler? the 94 had a lot of bass and was louder at idle. But my 2000 purrs queit at idle, and screams with a note high as hell over 1200. lol wtf?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

a 94 and a 2000 have completely different motors and sound totally different. I believe both SLP LM1 and 2 had resonator/bullet style mufflers. You'd have to post pictures for anyone to be exactly sure what you're talking about.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Yeah both have those. Says slp right on it. But there is a muffler at the tail pipe as well. Ill get over there in a bit. I'm not sure how that help though. If you have an slp loudmouth you should know. I got them on the cars so I'm not sure. Ill post up some pics soon. If nobody still knows I guess ill wait on hold for slp. But a measurement for the ws6 emblem is still needed. I'm sure somebody with a clone has asked this before lol
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Teching In

**** never mind I can't post pics from my iPhone apparently. There's no app for this site? Ill just call slp. Ill post the pics Monday when I get back to my laptop. this way i can still show you what i was talking about. ill just stick it out on hold. 😣🔫
Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the SLP catback for my 94 Z28 and my 98 T/A and...they both came with mufflers..
Old 03-23-2013, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Do they look something like this?

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server17....1280.1280.jpg

If so, that's SLP powerflo (granted they are SLP mufflers)

Also, when placing my WS9 badge, I simply counted the honeycombs on the tail light (starting at the left) on a ws6 to place the emblem in the same spot on my formula.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by msbz_ls1
I ordered the SLP catback for my 94 Z28 and my 98 T/A and...they both came with mufflers..
Thank you. Was there a pipe in case you didn't want the muffler there? I'm also referring to the exhaust not the bullet resonator. I'm asking bc I have to fix a small leak with a pipe expander. While I'm there I would like to make the system as it was from slp. I didn't think there would be a resonator and muffler lol
Old 03-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Do they look something like this?

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server17....1280.1280.jpg

If so, that's SLP powerflo (granted they are SLP mufflers)

Also, when placing my WS9 badge, I simply counted the honeycombs on the tail light (starting at the left) on a ws6 to place the emblem in the same spot on my formula.
Thanks! That's what the 94 looked like!! It had the slp logo on it so i Knew it was real...but that muffler issue threw me off. How do you think that would sound with the 2000 ls1 with pacesetters? Louder or softer than the loudmouth 1? I want it as loud as possible with staying with the slp brand.

Quick Reply: Project ws6