Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Bought a 1995 V6 Firebird in preparation of a diesel swap someday

Old 06-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought a 1995 V6 Firebird in preparation of a diesel swap someday

Before anyone gets excited about the mention of a diesel swap that isn't going to happen for a long time. I'm getting married next year so saving up for a wedding and house is first. Lucky I got the V6 Firebird to "start" the project now as is, and being my daily driver too.

Anyways back story. I currently own a 1998 Trans am also. Entertained the idea of a diesel swap before, but was sad to learn that I wouldn't be able to get away with emissions with owning a 1998 as 1995 and older vehicles are exempt. So I almost parted the Trans Am out, as I want the '98-'02 body style on the V6 I was going to get, and sell the rest to fund the project. I changed my mind for a bit and was going to keep the LS1 and do a performance build. Now I decided back for many personal reasons.

So I got a 1995 V6 Firebird today and plan on swapping over all of my 1998 Trans Am body over soon. Maybe other V8 things like the rear end so I can also have disc brakes in the back, and etc. for when SOMEDAY I do the diesel swap. So thought I would just post my story. Looks like I will be back to selling everything on the Trans Am besides the body, rear end, and some other misc stuff I need to put on the '95 Firebird as it's rough. I guess this will serve as a extremely slow build thread. As noted above the diesel swap will have to hold for a while due to saving up for a wedding next year and house. At least I can do all the cosmetics, and have the cheaper gas/maintenance of a V6 over the Trans Am. I'll post pictures hopefully soon too btw.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought a 1995 V6 Firebird in preparation of a diesel swap someday