Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Need help with drivers side brake light out! Vid on thread Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with drivers side brake light out! Vid on thread Need help please

Hello everyone my drivers side brake light has been out for sometime now and I decided to change the bulb and once I did no change, I even spliced a new socket into it off my parts car tail lights. The running lights work but the light goes out once I press the brake only on the drivers side though. Bulbs good sockets good and I checked the grounds but the hatch mechanism and they look good I even grinded them down cant get a better ground. I need help please I cant afford a tail light ticket and the cops in my city hand them out like candy.

Here is a link to whats going on, ignore my dumb$$$ brother holding the camera.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what the problem is. But if it were me, I would cut the wires on the side that's the problem and would run new wires from the side that does work. I would cheat. Almost as if you were hooking up trailer lights. In fact, you wouldn't even have to do any cutting if you used the connecters that comes with a trailer light hook up. Really, you have everything to gain and nothing to loose.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you follow the wires, do they have a clip somewhere down the line? I know the headlights have them, and thats what was corroded on my car. I had to cut and splice all the wires and completely got rid of the clip.

Quick Reply: Need help with drivers side brake light out! Vid on thread Need help please