Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

93 firebird formula...help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 firebird formula...help!!

hi I am hoping someone out there can help me I am the original owner of my 93 Firebird and I love it! recently I had a service engine soon light come on finally had to bring it to a dealer which I hate doing because I could not find a mechanic that could read the codes from my computer they had all up grated their equipment! I had been told I needed a new computer it took them 5 weeks to do it they put in two re built and finally got one that worked. after 4 days home the engine cut out while I was driving I had trouble starting it kept cutting out and coughing..towed it to dealer..now they say i need a distributor,harness and watet pump for 1900.00! I had a distributor put in in january anf a waterpump about 8 yrs ago. I want to bring it somewhere else.dont know who to trust! Many here on long island dont have equipment for 93 cars! Only 91,000 miles..prior to tbis no problems with car!
Anyone have ideas?
it was really rough and then I put
Old 08-21-2013, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Your last sentence cut off.
Off-hand, that sounds like a horrible dealership. I can't believe you are having a problem finding a good mechanic. A '93 isn't that old. I have a number of mechanics in my small rural area that can work on my '87 SS. That is just too hard to believe. It would be nice if someone could chime in here from the Long Island area and help you out. Maybe try posting in the 'general repairs' section and ask for a good mechanic. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...e-repairs-102/
In the meantime I would not go back to that dealer.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weren't there diff PCMs for that model that could potentially read all the "after" problems differently?

Quick Reply: 93 firebird formula...help!!