Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

1999 ta rebuil

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 ta rebuil

Ok so I've read so much on here my head is gonna blow up. You guys on here have a lot of knowledge I appreciate that. My car has 165k on it bone stock automatic. Here's what I've done, all fluids changed with synthetics,belts,rear axles and bearings, this weekend new shocks,springs ,ball joints and tie rod ends. The question I is what can I expect to pay for an engine and tranny rebuild assuming I buy kits for each. Also to keep budget friendly and reliability what's the best engine and tranny rebuild kit out there? I'm really just interested in a daily driver that's fun and can handle the occasional burn out or highway race. I really want to have it all rebuilt then throw on some bolt ins like headers cat back and intake. Any advice would be awesome I was thinking 1200 for the 2 kits and no idea what a shop would charge me to do the work.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:09 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

You might make a list of the shops that are site sponsors here, and begin contacting them as time permits. That way you can get an idea of prices over the phone, and then chose the one that best suits you.

Quick Reply: 1999 ta rebuil