Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

2002 firebird wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 firebird wont start

hi im new here and need some help i have a 2002 firebird with a 3.8 and today i received some swithback leds for the turn signals and i installed them and noticed that they werent switching back and forth between white/amber so i came here and saw that you needed an el-12 so i went out and got it then, when i came back and installed it but still they didnt work so i saw someone say if they dont work to turn them 180 degrees and insert again and plug it in and this is where everything went wrong i had the car off, and i didnt turn the car back on, so to check and see if they were white i turned on the hazzards and that were i saw that it looked like a strobe light they were just flashing really fast so i went to turn off the hazzards and turn the car on and it didnt want to start now

now i dont know whats going on any help would be great

the car's lights work (headlights, interior under the mirror, rear, radio works, power windows, horn) but the dashboard gauges and lights dont turn on.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

does it turn over? does it do absolutely nothing when you try to crank? is the security light on the cluster stay on.

How long did you have lights, radio and all that other stuff on since you last started the car? Could be anything with the info you've given.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
does it turn over? does it do absolutely nothing when you try to crank? is the security light on the cluster stay on.

How long did you have lights, radio and all that other stuff on since you last started the car? Could be anything with the info you've given.
as soon as i realized that the car wasnt starting i thought it was the battery so i jumped it but nothing happened same thing... the security light doesnt show up nothing works on the cluster not the backlight or any of the gauges... but on top of the dash i have a security light and every time i crank it that light with turn on and will stay on untill i let go.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

is the starter turning over? the red light is not a concern, only if the word SECURITY is lit on the dash. with the dash lights, are you talking about all the indicators or the backlight that comes on with the parking lights, if its the backlight are the parking lights still coming on? usually when the backlight is out it's because the parking light fuse has blown.

Quick Reply: 2002 firebird wont start