Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Unhappy Wrecked

Ok guys! time to post up some pics of the day you never dreamed or wished on anyone with a F-body to happen(ok if it's a mustang) lol j/k. The day you wrecked: I would like to know when,how and where it happened. These birds have a better life after death in LS1 heaven
Old 09-21-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not an LS1 but here is my brother's 3rd gen that he wrecked back in college.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not an F-body but this car was so damaged it was actually cheaper to buy another one just like it and just swap the parts over then the cost to repair it https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=671216e674

the second one of these was the last car I had before buying my f-body.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Decadence75
It's not an LS1 but here is my brother's 3rd gen that he wrecked back in college.

Dude WTF. I hope he came out ok after that incident.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by s14kouki
Dude WTF. I hope he came out ok after that incident.
Surprisingly he only had a concussion, a few cuts and pieces of glass in his arm and a cut on his ear that needed 5 stitches.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Decadence75

Cant see the pics
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WBO_COTTO
Cant see the pics
Not sure why that would be. They come up fine for me and s14kouki was able to see them. Here are the direct links to the pics if they are still not working for you.

http://carblog.signaturepcservices.c...iver-side3.jpg

http://carblog.signaturepcservices.c.../09/front2.jpg
Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

OUCH!!! Well got home from work one night and decided to take car to get something to eat when up the road as we was going thru a solid green light at about 45mph a guy took off like a bat out of hell to make a left turn in front of us in intersection.I cut it hard to the right and spun off side of him doing about 4-5 doughnuts as air bag powder blinded me and throttle was stuck wide open (had something to do with cruise was still open when we checked engine at shop)and had to cut off ignition.both my wife and i walked away just lil beat up but believe if was in another car would off been maybe different story so since she saved us we decided to save her and to the people who said she wouldn't be the same she isn't i believe she's lil better heres some pics but not with her yet! [URL=http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/01badbird/media/1.jpg.html][/URL]
Old 09-22-2013, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01badbird
OUCH!!! Well got home from work one night and decided to take car to get something to eat when up the road as we was going thru a solid green light at about 45mph a guy took off like a bat out of hell to make a left turn in front of us in intersection.I cut it hard to the right and spun off side of him doing about 4-5 doughnuts as air bag powder blinded me and throttle was stuck wide open (had something to do with cruise was still open when we checked engine at shop)and had to cut off ignition.both my wife and i walked away just lil beat up but believe if was in another car would off been maybe different story so since she saved us we decided to save her and to the people who said she wouldn't be the same she isn't i believe she's lil better heres some pics but not with her yet!
Looks like she did a real good job of taking one for the team. Glad you were able to get her fixed up and looking better than new. Right now mine is a DD and I will be looking to get a different DD in about 18 months so I can stop worrying about wrecking mine so much. Then I will take collision off her insurance. I've seen too many times the insurance decided to total a bird and just take her from the owner. Happened when my brother wrecked his 95 Sears Die Hard 500 Pace car. Was a one of a kind and he ran up under a jeep and the the insurance wrote it off and took the car as totaled. I also had a friend with an LS1 WS6 who ran under a truck bumper and they did the same to his car.

If I ever wreck it, I will fix whatever damage is inflicted myself.

As for what happened to that 3rd gen. My bro was on his way to classes one morning and as he came upon a bad curve it began to rain. To the best of his recollection he turned the wheel but the car decided to keep going straight instead. This sent him off an embankment about 10' high and straight into a family of pine trees. Hit one almost dead on as you can see from the front and it then swung him around where the driver door impacted another just behind the driver seat head rest. The tree missed his head by inches we were told. He actually managed to somehow crawl out of that wreckage, climb the embankment and was found just sitting stunned on the side of the road by a passing motorist.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Wow thats awesome exactly what i would do if my bird got wrecked
Old 09-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Here is link to a salvage yard not too far from me that specializes in our cars. Makes one want to cry after a couple pages.

http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/trans_am.html
Old 09-25-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harsh stuff to see
Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear ended an SUV

Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

^^^^^^^^^^^ that picture before last (the one without the rear spoiler) looks so weird, like a whole different car without it.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Wow! good to see that most T/A'S get fixed right bac up
Old 09-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
^^^^^^^^^^^ that picture before last (the one without the rear spoiler) looks so weird, like a whole different car without it.
When I dipped my wing I honestly tryed to figure out how to make it look good without the wing because I loved how my trunk would raise itself when I hit the button lol
Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by '99REDTA
When I dipped my wing I honestly tryed to figure out how to make it look good without the wing because I loved how my trunk would raise itself when I hit the button lol
I'm surprised yours opens automatically when I press my button i have to do it like 5 times and then it will unlock hate that ****
Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WBO_COTTO
I'm surprised yours opens automatically when I press my button i have to do it like 5 times and then it will unlock hate that ****
http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ease_fix_2.htm

keep in mind he was talking when he didn't have the weight of the wing on the hatch.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Launching!

my first Firebird

Old 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrainFreezE
my first Firebird

Suxxx dude! When did this happen?

Quick Reply: Wrecked