Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Head gasket R&R leads to problems.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head gasket R&R leads to problems.

Hello all, newbie to the forum here! I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place but I seem to have an electrical issue that is throwing my transmission into "limp home" mode.
Ok to start off, my car is a 1995 firebird formula lt1 4l60e. 130,xxx miles. I just finished my first headgasket r&r on the left hand side after cylinder 7 decided it was thirsty for coolant. Just got the car running Sunday night and it has been acting up since. When I first drove it the speedo was out and tranny was in limp mode. It threw a VSS code which made sense to me, so I replaced it. I then unhooked the battery and waited about 20 minutes to hook it back up. Still no change, so After doing some visual checking of wires, connections, making sure all the under hood sensors were in the right locations and all hooked up right, I'm stumped. I unplugged the battery before I started any of the work and it was the last thing I hooked back up when finished, so to me that should rule out any computer damage due to an accidental ground or what ever else can happen in that situation. I've also checked all my under hood fuses as well as those on the far LH side of my dash, all are good. The only thing that makes sense to me is that it must be related to something I've done while under the hood as there is no other obvious cause or any pre existing symptoms. With that being said I looked at a picture of the complete engine wiring harness from shbox.com and everything is in the right place!! Motor runs like new but still in limp mode, HELP!!!!!

Quick Reply: Head gasket R&R leads to problems.