Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

93-02 Firebird/Camaro Trunk Sheetmetal, RH side

Old 01-22-2017, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 93-02 Firebird/Camaro Trunk Sheetmetal, RH side

Was curious if I'm looking at the right section of metal for the very bottom right corner trunk floor pan (to the right of the rear subframe) for my 98 Firebird. Even though in my 7 years of owning the car, water has never leaked down there that I've noticed, but I have some rust in that area, to the right of the center of the trunk where the t-tops go. I'm not sure whether it's bad enough to warrant the labor of cutting and removing the section yet, I'd have to look at it closer.

I've looked around and couldn't seem to find any pictures of the bare floors particularly in the lower trunk area - only of fuel pump installs. I would just go check my Bird since it's naked anyway, but I would need to go visit it a few miles down the road. And I know I could just call CI for this info, let's just add this information to the forum so others can easily help themselves.

I remember there being a drain plug in that section of floor. To me, it appears there isn't one in this item listed below. The part does look to be the correct one from memory, I just want to make sure I don't end up getting the side sheetmetal of that area or something else rather than the bottom horizontal section.

If anyone has actually purchased this and it is the item I'm describing, I'd like to know whether it has a drain plug hole or not. Not a big deal if it doesn't, I can always drill one. I'll update the thread either way.

Classic Industries P/N G6933
Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Photos:
Attached Thumbnails 93-02 Firebird/Camaro Trunk Sheetmetal, RH side-img_3877.jpg   93-02 Firebird/Camaro Trunk Sheetmetal, RH side-img_3879.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93-02 Firebird/Camaro Trunk Sheetmetal, RH side