Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

I Don't Understand This!

Old 03-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Don't Understand This!

So here's the thing. I'm glad this guy sold his car quickly, but how does a car identical to mine with the very close prices sell in 3 days, but mines has been for sale for 3 months? I understand that my car has a cracked front bumper, but it has A LOT more performance upgrades than the other guy's. Mine has 44k miles and cammed, LS6 intake, gears, FULL exhaust with a cutout, etc. Here's the 2 ads.

Mine:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...s-6-speed.html

His:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-trans-am.html
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

His is black
Old 03-14-2014, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Beat me to it, his is black. And clean. And has much better pictures. Not tryig to be a D, but your car looks kind of ratty. Torn seats, body damage. It doesn't even look like you bothered to clean it. There's a half of a pound of dirt between your seat and your rocker. You took pictures of it in a crappy location. You need to detail that thing and take it a nicer setting then take pics. His car just looks a lot nicer. Yours might clean up great......

And I would spend the money on fixing the bumper and fender personally. You're going to take a big hit for that.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Agree with all that^

Originally Posted by 01blackbeast
So here's the thing. I'm glad this guy sold his car quickly, but how does a car identical to mine with the very close prices sell in 3 days, but mines has been for sale for 3 months? I understand that my car has a cracked front bumper, but it has A LOT more performance upgrades than the other guy's. Mine has 44k miles and cammed, LS6 intake, gears, FULL exhaust with a cutout, etc. Here's the 2 adsx
You said it in your original message. Yours has a lot more mods and they limit your audience. I would have bought his as well. Nitrous cuts your audience down because a lot of people know nothing about it, I do and I still dont want to buy a car with it on there. Cam is the same deal, if you dont want a cammed car you just dont and going to have to pop motor open to undo. Gears same deal, going to cost money to undo.

The other guys car is all bolt ons, anyone with a wrench can pretty easily undo something if they dont like it, and bolt ons resell well.

The cracked bumper just sucks and I would move on, some people wouldnt be bothered by it, I would.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

I can see your point about the not clean part. I had a friend interested in it and I had just taken those pictures in a hurry. It does give the impression that the car hadnt been well taken care of, but it actually has been. I realize where I went wrong in many places. Thanks for the advice. I have a nbm fender for it and didn't think the bumper would be a big deal since there aren't any chunks out of it, but I understand why some people would move on. The Nitrous I've been wanting to remove for that very reason, but it's been SOOOOO cold. AnotherWS6, I don't in any way think you're being a D. I posted this to see what other people see when they look at my ad and I appreciate the advice. I have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow supposedly. If it doesn't sell, I'm going to detail it and take much better pics. The bumper may have to wait though.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Only caveat with removing the Nitrous, dont be a douche and lie about it. Be upfront about a car. If your car met all my criteria but you slip up and your story seems sketch I walk. I dont care how great the car is or how cheap it is.

When I create an ad, I think what would I wan to know. Ive sold a few cars on here and never took very long. I listed every mod down to the smallest ones. Listed all the history I knew about it up front in the ad. List condition of wear items, tires, brakes, clutch etc. And you should have good clean pictures from every angle exterior, interior and engine bay. I always add in pictures of any major blemishes.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but most people think they can spend 2 minutes on listing their car and move it quickly.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

basically what everyone else said, his body and interior look like they are fresh off the showroom floor, yours looks nasty and makes the car feel like a project and like it needs alot more work (remember the price to fix the body damage and the seat and add that to your price, now how does yours compare?). Just looking at the pictures alone not reading anything else and his price being slightly lower (not to mention damn good for how clean it is, consider in some locations in the country his would be a 13k dollar car).
Old 03-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrob56
Only caveat with removing the Nitrous, dont be a douche and lie about it. Be upfront about a car. If your car met all my criteria but you slip up and your story seems sketch I walk. I dont care how great the car is or how cheap it is.

When I create an ad, I think what would I wan to know. Ive sold a few cars on here and never took very long. I listed every mod down to the smallest ones. Listed all the history I knew about it up front in the ad. List condition of wear items, tires, brakes, clutch etc. And you should have good clean pictures from every angle exterior, interior and engine bay. I always add in pictures of any major blemishes.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but most people think they can spend 2 minutes on listing their car and move it quickly.
As you can see in my post, I have been upfront and honest about all the damage that was previously done. Even though you can't tell. I've sold a couple f-bodies on here before and never taken very long. I always tell buyers anything I know about the car before they purchase it. I initially left the Nitrous kit on to show people just how I got it and how it's been since to confirm that this car hasn't had a life of spray, but at the same time, anyone that wanted to use it, wouldn't have to do much to use it.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:58 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Other thing is stock wheels vs. black ZR-1s. I mean, just looking at the two, and the price, the car that sold seems like the better deal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Don't Understand This!