Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

82 firebird no fire

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 82 firebird no fire

i have a 1982 firebird with a 2.8 v6 in it...i parked it 8 years ago cause it needed a carborater....well i finally got a carborater and now i have no fire...not even coming from the coil...i have bought a new coil and the electronic ignition thing that goes in the distributer....but i still have no fire...and all the wires coming out of the coil are hot...even the one going into the distributer....does anyone have any idea's on what went wrong?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garfthegreat
i have a 1982 firebird with a 2.8 v6 in it...i parked it 8 years ago cause it needed a carborater....well i finally got a carborater and now i have no fire...not even coming from the coil...i have bought a new coil and the electronic ignition thing that goes in the distributer....but i still have no fire...and all the wires coming out of the coil are hot...even the one going into the distributer....does anyone have any idea's on what went wrong?
Start with unplugging your est connector first and see if it fires. This will put the ignition at base timing. Also make sure the distributor turns while cranking.
Its been a long time since I've laid eyes on one of those. That vari-jet carburetor with all the linkages was a bear.

Quick Reply: 82 firebird no fire