Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Parts Advice Wanted

Old 06-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Parts Advice Wanted

I recently purchased a 2002 WS6 with only 34k miles. My main thought was to use her for running some auto-x courses. Now the current mods on the car are a set of Kook headers, SLP LM, SLP lid, and tune. I plan to have my local tuner slap a fresh tune on it, but am currently looking into other mods. I'd like to keep it simple and keep the cost under $1,000.

I have already chatted with my main guy DannoWS6, but wanted more opinions. I have been leaning towards subframes(chrom moly), and 1-2 other parts, but can't decide on which ones.

Any thoughts??
Old 06-15-2014, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would definitely suggest 3 point sub frame connectors with a tunnel brace. Check out stranoparts.com for handling packages.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SFC's then stanos and bilsteins....
Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would you do Strano sways or adj, PHB/LCAs to start? Remember this is for auto-x, not as much drag....YET!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MaSTi
Would you do Strano sways or adj, PHB/LCAs to start? Remember this is for auto-x, not as much drag....YET!
SFC will do nothing for you, and LCA's will do very very little.
#1 mod is good shocks, period. No other mod will make a bigger difference, they are the foundation to a good setup and will make or break the handling. The stock shocks are total garbage even with 0 miles on them.
Something like Koni SA's would be ideal. Then some decent brake pads and blank rotors. Decent tires and seat time, seat time, seat time.
THEN if you want more mods look into strano swaybars, strano springs and a fays2 watts link.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parts Advice Wanted