Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**

Ok so I've been lurking around this site forever now and decided it is time to give something back even if its not really that much.

I ordered a set of Depo daytime running lights for my 2000 Formula Firebird seeing as the stockers were complete garbage. Ever since I bought it a couple months ago I had to replace the DRL/turn signal bulbs like 3 times each and I very quickly got fed up with it.

**note** please ignore the dirty state of the car, this was all done in my barracks parking lot after a 6 hour drive through a storm, and what appeared to be a swarm of locusts the size of baseballs.***end-note***

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
  1. A set of Depo housings from Amazon p/n 10301406
    Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-bkcjaru.jpg
  2. A Socket wrench and a 7/16 deep well socket
  3. A Phillips Head screw driver

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-pxkmzbj.jpg

HEY, DO THIS
  1. Turn on your headlight switch all the way right so the motors open the drag parachutes.. er.. I mean flip up headlights.

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-zdkhekt.jpg
  2. Disconnect the battery Ground.
  3. Remove the shroud around your headlights to allow easier access to the DRL hardware.

This is done by removing the 3 Phillips Head screws holding the plastic in place.

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-vu9kzio.jpg
  4. You should now see the back of the housing through the hole. Work slowly to unfasten the nuts on the housing. Its plastic and will snap VERY easily. It might creak and make odd noises, that's fine.

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-ojnuvgd.jpg
  5. After you work the hardware off enough, twist it out in an inward and up manner. Not straight up, as this can tear the plastic on the bumper and cause loads of headaches for you.
  6. Now swap out the nuts to the new lights, but leave enough space to fit it over the plastic bumper tabs (Like the rusty nut pictured below).

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-f0k1ifw.jpg

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-aaviekj.jpg
    ***note***I have LED switchback turn signals. This requires an EL-12 Flasher to be able to still keep turn signal functionality***end-note***

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-flknlxu.jpg
  7. Tighten down the nuts all the way while checking alignment from the front of the car. You can get a little bit of adjustment before fully cinching the nuts down if the lights are a little high or to the side.

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-nqpsgj3.jpg

8. Torque everything to the proper German Torque specs (Good'n'tight)
  9. Reconnect your battery terminal and check for full function of all your lights and flashers just in case.

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-sokxzr8.jpg

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-kyjczim.jpg
  10. Reinstall your plastic headlight shroud with the three same screws

Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-bsurvhn.jpg
  11. Crack open a beer or your favorite not alcoholic beverage and enjoy

Shiny.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

FYI you can also get them in amber housings if you want to be different, part number 1104922
Attached Thumbnails Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-img_1184.jpg   Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**-img_1186.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
FYI you can also get them in amber housings if you want to be different, part number 1104922
Yeah I saw those same ones, but I liked the look of the white light. I plan on doing a hella 60mm retorfit with HID low beams and I want everything to match. Everything on my car is on a blue/white color scheme.
Also I still get the amber turn signals with the switchback LED lamps

Thanks for the P/N for more info!

Quick Reply: Depo Replacement DRL Housings Install**PIC HEAVY**