Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Q on the Color combination of Firehawk Decals

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Q on the Color combination of Firehawk Decals

I just bought as nice used 2002 Red TA Firehawk. It's a real hawk, WU6 code, hood, exhaust, wheels and Yellow Firehawk decals on the door and rear bumper. Although all 3 locations have a Yellow dotted 'I" or swoosh.

I've seen other Red hawks for sale with the yellow dot as weel, but most seem to have an Orange dotted 'i',

I assumed the 'i' was always an alternate color than the lettering, so has the previous owner of this car changed that orange "I" to a yellow one? Or did SLP do this combination on some of the cars??
Old 04-09-2015, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen 2 red firehawks in person and I don't recall either having an orange dot on the "i" and that is something I for sure would've caught because it would've drove my OCD up a wall lol. Even on Google searching images for "red firehawk" I'm only seeing yellow for the "i". Hope this helps you out or puts your mind at ease.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FirebirdPhil
I've seen 2 red firehawks in person and I don't recall either having an orange dot on the "i" and that is something I for sure would've caught because it would've drove my OCD up a wall lol. Even on Google searching images for "red firehawk" I'm only seeing yellow for the "i". Hope this helps you out or puts your mind at ease.

Thanks for the update! I'm also a bit OCD on these cars :-)

But, I think SLP might have done this decal both, with a Yellow Dot and with an Orange dot.

There are 2 Red hawks for sale on ebay right now. Both have the Orange 'i'.

Check them out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Firebird-2dr-Cpe-Form-/321717599101?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4ae7dcfb7d&item=321717599101

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Firebird-Firehawk-/221726834678?forcerrptr=true&hash=item339ff2fff6&item=221726834678
Old 04-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Teching In

New member, and proud new owner of 1995 Firehawk 640. I am the 4th owner of this all original unmolested car, it was ordered new in Bakersfield CA, and spent the first ten yrs and 43k of its life there. The 2nd owner was in Vegas and had it for 2yrs and 21k. The 3rd owner had the car in climate controlled storage for nearly 8 yrs and 1.3k. The stickers are yellow with orange dots on the i's, but the stickers on the headlight and back bumper are almost white from sun fade, the doors are still orange, but have lightened! Sorry for the long winded reply, but hope this helps clear up any confusion about the colors, the orange obviously fades to yellow and then nearly white.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hawk 640
New member, and proud new owner of 1995 Firehawk 640. I am the 4th owner of this all original unmolested car, it was ordered new in Bakersfield CA, and spent the first ten yrs and 43k of its life there. The 2nd owner was in Vegas and had it for 2yrs and 21k. The 3rd owner had the car in climate controlled storage for nearly 8 yrs and 1.3k. The stickers are yellow with orange dots on the i's, but the stickers on the headlight and back bumper are almost white from sun fade, the doors are still orange, but have lightened! Sorry for the long winded reply, but hope this helps clear up any confusion about the colors, the orange obviously fades to yellow and then nearly white.

Thank you! That makes sense now.

Now I'll need to go ahead and swap out my faded yellow 'i's to orange ones.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Teching In

In the past my OCD would have dictated that I replace the faded graphics also, but now that as I've gotten older, I realize that originality can be equally if not more so important! I plan on preserving and enjoying my Hawk for many years to come, and I hope you enjoy yours also, regardless of the path you choose to take with it.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I have a red 2000 Hawk. I've seen some Hawks w/ the Firehawk decal on the front drivers headlight. Is this factory or did someone add it? I'm getting ready to replace the decals on my car and it doesn't have it on the headlight.

Thanks for any help.

J
Old 05-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Teching In

They only put the stickers on the drivers headlight doors of the 93-97 lt1 cars, although a few people have said they have it on their ls1, so not sure if SLP did that or an owner or previous owner may have. Also the ls1 models did not have Formula stickers on headlight doors, but the lt1 did.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk 640
They only put the stickers on the drivers headlight doors of the 93-97 lt1 cars, although a few people have said they have it on their ls1, so not sure if SLP did that or an owner or previous owner may have. Also the ls1 models did not have Formula stickers on headlight doors, but the lt1 did.
Thanks for the reply Hawk.

Quick Reply: Q on the Color combination of Firehawk Decals