Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Lt1 with ls1 computer and harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 with ls1 computer and harness

Ok, in a nut shell my friend and i over built an lt1 (95 ta). Have apent the better part of two years trying to get it programmed. Nobody has been able to do it. The ones who tried failed now wishing it were an ls.we are being told now that we can you take an ls1 computer and wiring harness to replace the lt1 harness thereby making it easy to program as an ls1.
Haven't heard of this before. What do you all think?
Old 07-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like bull. Not only do you have two entirely different ignition systems, Opti-Spark vs coil on plug, but the firing order between the LS1 and LT1 is different. There are many out there pushing big numbers out of the LT1, just a matter of finding someone that knows how to tune it. Odds are you'll have to go to a standalone aftermarket computer like a MegaSquirt or Haltech.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Look up the 411 pcm swap, it does work, efi connection sells the kit if memory serves me. I have that pcm running a 350 in my 91 formula. You can delete the opti and run coil per cylinder on the lt1 if you want. Has pretty good aftermarket support also and yes its easy to tune.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:48 PM

Default 411 PCM swap on Lt1

Originally Posted by 2000formulaluvr
Look up the 411 pcm swap, it does work, efi connection sells the kit if memory serves me. I have that pcm running a 350 in my 91 formula. You can delete the opti and run coil per cylinder on the lt1 if you want. Has pretty good aftermarket support also and yes its easy to tune.
I am trying this swap on my 93 z28. I opted out of deleting the opti because the computer supports batch-fire. However, I’m having trouble trying to re-pin the pcm. Pcm is out of an 02 Silverado and I’m not changing anything on my 93. Anyone do this? I’m also having trouble with the tcc wires. The computer has 4 pins and I only have 1 in my harness. Did some research and found out that my trans is weird and it was before pwm and lockup. I’m just wondering where I should put the wire and if I need the other 3 pins?

Quick Reply: Lt1 with ls1 computer and harness