Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

started stripping 4th gen, got a lot of wiring ?s

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default started stripping 4th gen, got a lot of wiring ?s

Started stripping my 2000 ws6 getting ready for cage. I will not be putting it back on road again, strip only. Can anyone tell me if there is anything special i need to do to remove air bag sensors, alarm system, cruise control, abs, radio? Id also like to unpin all the wires from these things to the connectors. Also my key has the chip in it, is there a way i can bypass all the security stuff to switches and push button start?
Old 09-14-2015, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of that you can just unplug and remove, Airbag sensors shouldn't be a big deal just carefully disconnect them. They recommend letting the car sit for at least half and hour after battery has been disconnected to let any residual power bleed out just in case for the airbags. As far as your key, you can disable the VATS using HP tuners, then you can use a push button.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
Most of that you can just unplug and remove, Airbag sensors shouldn't be a big deal just carefully disconnect them. They recommend letting the car sit for at least half and hour after battery has been disconnected to let any residual power bleed out just in case for the airbags. As far as your key, you can disable the VATS using HP tuners, then you can use a push button.

Thanks cpt. So you think i can remove the sensors for the anti theft system and everything else will still work normal? Im worried im going to remove something and it wont start thats all maybe being to paranoid. Thanks for your reply.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coors1031
Thanks cpt. So you think i can remove the sensors for the anti theft system and everything else will still work normal? Im worried im going to remove something and it wont start thats all maybe being to paranoid. Thanks for your reply.
AFAIK that should be the case, but before you pull everything out you might want leave the wires for the VATS at least under the dash until its tested it will work without it. If worst comes to worst you can bypass the VATS using some resistors. Are you planning on removing the BCM?

Quick Reply: started stripping 4th gen, got a lot of wiring ?s