Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Doors lock, but dont unlock? or vise versa?....FIX here

Old 10-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Doors lock, but dont unlock? or vise versa?....FIX here

My Doors unlocked but didn't lock and I noticed quite a few of unanswered threads so heres what I did with mine

I took out my BCM and noticed one of the copper tracks had a tiny, minor burn in it preventing continuity under the relays ,(screw buying a new BCM and messing with keys and VATS)...SO,I grabbed a small piece of wire and soldered the two joints together on the circuit board with it and BAM! it worked flawlessly! I now get to enjoy both my locks again, and yes, yes i already soldered the notorious "t" joints a long time ago.Only took an after pic

if this is in the wrong area in the forum I apologize just trying to save some of us money

Doors lock, but dont unlock? or vise versa?....FIX here-solder.jpg
Old 10-15-2015, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks for sharing, love it when a quick, cheap fix saves a ton of $$.

My driver's door switch just stopped un-locking the other day, passenger side switch and remote works OK, so I think my problem is in the door switch or the wiring to it.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Thanks for sharing, love it when a quick, cheap fix saves a ton of $$.

My driver's door switch just stopped un-locking the other day, passenger side switch and remote works OK, so I think my problem is in the door switch or the wiring to it.
Its either the actuator or the actual wire wire in the BCM that manages the drivers side, if you dont have an aftermarket alarm with a separate relay harness my money would be on the actuator

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doors lock, but dont unlock? or vise versa?....FIX here